Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

FS - Exhaust, Intake, Etc...

4K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  Rebel Redline 
#1 · (Edited)
Since I'm turbo swapped now, I'm selling all the S/C stuff I don't need anymore.

All items are in the Montgomery, AL metro area. I will meet buyers up to a 60 mile radius away.

I can be reached by PM.

All items are plus shipping unless otherwise noted.

Payment will be via PayPal, unless face-to-face. Buyers can either pay the 3% fee or send money as a gift, your choice.

NO ITEMS WILL BE SHIPPED UNTIL THE PAYPAL HITS MY ACCOUNT.

BadMab Shorty Header, used downpipe flange gasket included.

$75 + shipping

ZZP 3" Off-road downpipe with 2.5" exit, no gaskets

$90 + shipping

ZZP 2.5" Redline Catback w/Resonator, used downpipe to catback gasket included. Less than a year old.

*SOLD*

ZZP Redline Gen 2 CAI, *this has been modified to take a larger o-ring for the MAF. I will provide a pack of o-rings*. Less than a year old.

*SOLD*

ZZP Stage 3 Heat Exchanger, no hoses or clamps provided.

$80 + shipping

ZZP Phenolic Spacer, 2 used gaskets, 1 new gasket, and all bolts/spacers included.

*SOLD*

ZZP LSJ TB, used, like new only a few months old

$125 + shipping

Junkyard LS4 TB, used, w/coupler, worked when removed

*SOLD*

ZZP 2.8 pulley, for ZZP modular hub

$30 + shipping

See less See more
#19 · (Edited)
Still have the ZZP Stage 3 Heat Exchanger? Any leaks, cracks, dents, etc..?

Or still have ZZP 2.8 pulley? Also does the hub come with it too?

Shipping to 34786

Thanks,
Charles

#20 ·
Parts for Sale

Do you still have:

1. Badmab header
2. ZZP offroad downpipe
3. ZZP HE

How much for total plus shipping to 67205?

I can send payment via paypal when you are ready.

Been lurking this site for some time; mainly learning. I have a stock 04 RL and wanting to start a stage 2 build. I'm staring with cooling mods and exhaust, then the fun begins :)

Thanks,

Chris

#26 ·
Header/Exhaust Questions

Rebel Redline,

I got your PM, but I have now 4 posts so I couldn't reply by PM.

Sounds good. Some questions first:
1. Madbab header. I've heard good and bad about quality. Was yours good quality compared to one from ZZP? (e.g. welds good, bolted up without modification)
2. So with the header and downpipe, would I just need 2.5" catback exhaust from ZZP (comes with resonator, piping, and muffler all 2.5"?
3. No HP Tuners yet. Can I just use a bung extender for the rear O2 sensor to prevent CEL? I did this on my Saturn SC2 when I gutted out the cat and it worked just fine without CEL. How did you prevent CEL?
4. How would you like my to send payment by paypal. I'll send you the address as well. If needed I can send you my personal email address if allowed by forum rules?

Thanks,

Chris

#29 ·
Some questions first:
1. BadMab header. I've heard good and bad about quality. Was yours good quality compared to one from ZZP? (e.g. welds good, bolted up without modification)
I've never seen a ZZP, so I can't compare.

I can tell you this, on my car, the header never leaked, even after being removed and reinstalled. OEM gaskets used each time. No modification was needed to fit.

2. So with the header and downpipe, would I just need 2.5" catback exhaust from ZZP (comes with resonator, piping, and muffler all 2.5"?
Yes, if that's the route you'd like to go. On my setup though, I gained less than 5whp from the catback.

3. No HP Tuners yet. Can I just use a bung extender for the rear O2 sensor to prevent CEL? I did this on my Saturn SC2 when I gutted out the cat and it worked just fine without CEL. How did you prevent CEL?
Mine was tuned. You can try the extender option, but there's not much room.

4. How would you like my to send payment by paypal. I'll send you the address as well. If needed I can send you my personal email address if allowed by forum rules?
You have a PM.

#33 ·
Thanks Man!

I was considering the pulley too, but still thinking. Later on after cooling mods and exhaust, I'll start pulley swap and injectors. I plan on 60# injectors (I hear some problems with the 80# siemens???). I can only get 91 octane here in Wichita. There is some E85, but only hit or miss and this is my DD, so I don't want to get stuck. Don't know if I could go down to a 2.8? I hear 2.9 or 2.85 minimum. Any thoughts?

#34 ·
3.0, 60's, and a good tune. 2.9 if you have the means to get HPTuners and the desire to learn it.

The problem with the M62 is that the Eaton is pushed outside its efficiency range with anything less than a stock pulley, so without E85, the return diminishes with each pulley size drop.

#35 ·
You mention doing 3.0. Any problem breathability-wise with going 2.5 all the way back. (As I thought your catless DP was 2.5"?) I thought I read somewhere 2.5 back could handle up to 270-290 HP?

Should I push for E-85? There are about 5 places in town to get it, but long term IDK? Could always reflash with a 91 tune if I had to go back. HP Tuners would be a must.

#36 ·
You mention doing 3.0. Any problem breathability-wise with going 2.5 all the way back. (As I thought your catless DP was 2.5"?) I thought I read somewhere 2.5 back could handle up to 270-290 HP?
DP is 3" into 2.5" exit. Breathing is fine. 2.5" is fine to 350whp on a TVS.

I base a 3.0 pulley on most people having either crap gas, sub-par tunes, or no tuning ability.

*In my opinion*, unless you have access to 93 octane gas, you should stop at a 2.9 pulley *unless* you have the ability to monitor for knock and tune the car properly.

Should I push for E-85? There are about 5 places in town to get it, but long term IDK? Could always reflash with a 91 tune if I had to go back. HP Tuners would be a must.
Corn is magic for forced induction.

I run E30 on my turbo setup, and get absolutely no knock at 18.5 psi and 16 degrees of timing. On pump 93, I got knock at 16psi and 13 degrees.

If you'd like to continue modification ideas further, I'd recommend starting your own thread, instead of it getting buried in this one.

#37 ·
Will do. Thanks for the help thus far, every little thing helps. I have been reading all the threads in the Tuning and Electronics sections as far as I can understand. When I get HP Tuners it will make more sense. I downloaded the free trial one from them and have looked around after DL a posted tune. LOTS TO LEARN:grin2:

No more mudding up this thread. I'll start another one when I get closer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.