What Size Are the front Speakers???????? - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Audio / Visual

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 04:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

What Size Are the front Speakers????????

My speakers in the front of my 05 Ion redline are making a crackeling sound. so i figured i would just put new speakers in. what are the specs of the stock speakers? What size speakers can i fit in there? Any help would be great.... thanks
divadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2008, 04:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

6.5 front and rear...we have this thing we like to use every now and then, it's the search function see it up there between new posts and quick links ....
Stage 2 Rotated Mounts, Progress Springs
07 Recaro Swap Member #5
ROGUE REDLINE
2006 Black Onyx Competition Package Ion Redline
K&N Drop in
07 Leather Swap Member
Flatlander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander
6.5 front and rear...we have this thing we like to use every now and then, it's the search function see it up there between new posts and quick links ....

FUCK the search feature, its shit. WHy the fuck do people keep posting that shit. Seriously the search feature is pure shit. In a quick search the top results I got were
Autocross Videos, water leak, this thread, Harrop TVS comming soon, F/S Stock Heat exchanger, and good replacement back speakers. None of those would answer his question. SHould he read all the links of bull shit and still not have an answer, or make a quick post and see if someone can help him?

Now back on topic, do you have the Advanced Audio System, because that would determine what kind to replace them with. If you do, you will need components to replace the tweeters at the same time. www.Crutchfield.com is a good place to check out what will/will not fit your car. I wouldnt buy it from there, unless they have a good deal going on, as they are pricy, but its a good reference point.
In its place: 2003 Mustang GT Convertible. BBK O/R XPipe, Flowmaster Exhaust, BBK TB, Professional Products Upper Intake, Custom Tune with Sniper Speacial Forces Tuner. 17" Deep Dish Cobra Rims 9" fronts 275/40/17 10.5" Rears 315/35/17 Nitto N05's. MGW STS,Procharger D1SC w/ 3 core intercooler 90MM LMAF,
02 F150 Harley Davidson just joined the family.
vlipke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator Kitteh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlipke
FUCK the search feature, its shit. WHy the fuck do people keep posting that shit. Seriously the search feature is pure shit. In a quick search the top results I got were
Autocross Videos, water leak, this thread, Harrop TVS comming soon, F/S Stock Heat exchanger, and good replacement back speakers. None of those would answer his question. SHould he read all the links of bull shit and still not have an answer, or make a quick post and see if someone can help him?
Holy crap, someone needs to get laid!

HPTuners, Diamond Forged 10.0:1 Pistons, Flowtechnics Ported Head, Ferrea Valve Springs w/Ti Retainers, ARP Head Studs, Siemens 60lbers, AEM Cold Air, Thermal/Custom Cat Back/Downpipe, GMPP Header, BilletFlow 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger
Vids of the Beast
Pics of the Beast
Member #001 - Sticker Tower Of Doom Club
All opinions expressed are my own, even if I say they're someone else's. All your base are belong to us.
AlphaJaguar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5

Nah, Wifey took care of that last night.........
Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
Hahah, nice Corey I'll give that one to you.

Oh and vlipke the search feature works amazing.. if you know how to use it [make sure it's set to relevancy [under sort results by]. Until you use it properly, you can't comment on how it works [I use it regularly are rarely does it fail me].

XeroState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroState
Hahah, nice Corey I'll give that one to you.

Oh and vlipke the search feature works amazing.. if you know how to use it [make sure it's set to relevancy [under sort results by]. Until you use it properly, you can't comment on how it works [I use it regularly are rarely does it fail me].
I stand by my original statment. The search function is SHIT!!! Even with your suggested settings, it doenst always give you what you want. I did a search for oil leak last week after I posted something, change the search settings, and still didnt get a thread relevant to what I wanted.I am well aware of how to set it, and how it works, I maintain things like this for a living. It takes less time to anwer someone that has a quesion, than to bitch about the search button everytime a topic comes up. If you dont like the topic, or the fact the person didnt use the search function, dont waste your time posting or reading the post. Its that simple. Logging on to post simply that there is a search function (although the answer was given) and bitch that people dont use it, just makes forum memebers look like jack asses. My opinion, so it really doesnt matter,. END RANT> I feel better now though.l
Old 09-22-2008, 11:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

In my own defense, I used the search function to answer his question, if I could find the answer, or partial answer at least, so should the op. So drop the attitude. As is always stated there is a great deal of usefull information on this site, you just have to want to find it. Not everybody needs to be spoon fed all the time, there, now I feel a bit better
Old 09-23-2008, 01:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander
In my own defense, I used the search function to answer his question, if I could find the answer, or partial answer at least, so should the op. So drop the attitude. As is always stated there is a great deal of usefull information on this site, you just have to want to find it. Not everybody needs to be spoon fed all the time, there, now I feel a bit better
(Just for the record, I am not ranting directly at you, so please dont get your panties all bunched up........)

Again it fucking takes longer to say use the fucking search function than it does to just answer the fucking question. What is the point of being online. To talk to people, help people out, learn things. If someone comes on and does nothing but use the shit search feature, how do we ever participate........

If your answer is going to be use the search feature, dont fucking answer. Its that fucking simple.................

Your answer didnt include weather he had the AAS system or not, so in that case the search feature again would have been, and is, fucking shit. Should he come on, ask a question, maybe start up a nice conversation, or use the search feature all by himself for an hour, and maybe, maybe come up with a solution? Maybe I should use the search feature to figure out how many times people have posted pointless comments about using the search feature....?

Post a frikin reply answering the question, and if it annoys you that it has been asked before, dont read the frikin quesiton.................

and we all wonder why so many people leave this sight......hell I go on the shortbus more than I go on this sight now..............maybe thats why the guy only has 4 post, he gets treated like shit with dickhead responses everytime he asks a question?

Last edited by vlipke; 09-23-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

jk(as I extract my panties from the crack of me arse) you are still a week late lol. I'm done whoring this dead thread. Peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement