Sub keeps cutting in and out - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Audio / Visual

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
BECAUSE RACECAR

Sub keeps cutting in and out

Well recently my sub cuts in and out. I go to leave for work or something ill have my music up subs bumping then all the sudden it cuts out and just my speakers are on then the sub kicks back on again and stays on for a bit then ill go to work the next day and it wont be on for like 10 min then it comes on then itll stay on the drive home. I havent touched anything as far as the amp and wires i have connected. It sounds like theres a bad connections somewhere, either the wires inside the sub that connect to each side of the sub, the sub to the amp wires are loose, or something else, any suggestions?
Black and Silver Knightz Member #8
MAXXED OUT BLACKED OUT LEVEL... TEAM MURDA!!!
Owner of 2004 Ion Redline and 2004 Nissan 350z!
lilhomieb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would turn it on and crank it up for a few and watch your amp. Check and see if your protection light is kicking on. What kind of amp? Some amps will do this when they get hot.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Boost get some.

i would also verify that the amp is even on when it cuts out on you. could be the remote wire could be the power could be the ground could be just a fail safe. at least make sure when it cuts out that the amp is still on.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
BECAUSE RACECAR

Yah its weird it i turned the gain down, the HZ down, never rewired anything, and also it happens when the vol is low so the amp isnt really working. My Max i usually have my vol is like 12-13 but mostly vol 10 but it happens at like vol 3-5.

Its a rockford fosgate power series amp, T1001BD amp. Also i think im gonna rewire everything make sure nothing is loose and secured and check my dvd player brain under my seat see if the remote wire isnt undone

Last edited by lilhomieb07; 09-20-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Boost get some.

well when you are somewhere you can mess with it set it to were it will make it cut off so you can verify that the amp is even staying on. my wife's amp is cutting on and off right now i am just lazy and have not got out side to check it out. heres is either the remote wire behind the radio or the power wire in the back.
laser_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
BECAUSE RACECAR

Yah its supposed to be nice here all week so ill check it out when i have time. I might just unhook everything and re install it make sure its all good then see if it happens. I have the gain halfway and the HZ at like 50 or so not like 200. The amp shouldnt get hot its only powering one sub, but ill have to check it out, thanks, ill post back up.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
F_ck Bates

sounds to me like ur amp could be gettting to hot an its fail safe is to shut off. like laser said. u should try to see if the lights turning on and off. also does it pop when it goes off or the subs sound just disapers? a lose ground remote or another one of the wires touching something else? i would check the amp b4 ripping all the wireing out. but check the mayjor stuff amp ground remote etc.... i had similar problem and it was the amp over heating ....

07 Recaro Swap Member #4
In the best interest of RLF, thanks for un-banning Qwikredline
philzoot007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

^^^ Make sure the amp is not going into protection before you waste your time rewiring everything. If the amp is loosing power and turning off, then rewire. And if you do rewire it, do one wire at a time and check it, don't just rip out everything. Next time it cuts out, stop and look at it 1st. Is your sub box bolted down or secured where it can't move? Could just be the speaker lead. How many subs, parallel or series?
watts_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
BECAUSE RACECAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts-Up View Post
^^^ Make sure the amp is not going into protection before you waste your time rewiring everything. If the amp is loosing power and turning off, then rewire. And if you do rewire it, do one wire at a time and check it, don't just rip out everything. Next time it cuts out, stop and look at it 1st. Is your sub box bolted down or secured where it can't move? Could just be the speaker lead. How many subs, parallel or series?
It didnt do it at alll today and its 1 12" sub in a ported box weighs bout 60-70lbs and its not bolted down, i took my spare tire out and dynomatted my entire trunk, the box doesnt move much at all. My sub runs all + wires to eachother and then all - wires to eachother. So basically all the + connect and all - connect.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

sounds like clipping to me... do you have a cap in your system? i had the same issue..., thought it was just clipping.. tryed turning the gains down... checked all wiring... then decided to remove the cap.. and well the problem is gone... might be a bad cap if you are using one.... possibly...

-Kenwood Excelon x991 deck, 2-JL VR Tweeters, 2-1800watt monoblock amps and 1000watt speaker amp, 10 speaker various sizes
4-12" Kenwood Subs molded into the trunk Hits 142.7 DB on the termlab sound meter
-Dual exhaust with a vortex muffler and CherryBomb Dual tips

www.nbbadtoys.com
Satereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement