Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

question about ion sedan!?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  watts_up 
#1 ·
my friend has a '04 ion sedan and wants to put tweeters in it and i mentioned that i had seen some instructions on here about how to do it, but on a redline. I figured it would be pretty similiar and would work but the only problem were having is finding the sail panels with pre made holes in them for tweeters. did they even make those for the sedan? we went to the dealer and the guy said that he found ones with and without holes but wasnt sure if the picture was correct and he'd have to order them and see. so does anyone have any idea?

#2 · (Edited)
Yes, the ion 3 sedan had as an option the AAS (advanced audio system)
2006 Saturn ION 3 Sedan Options, Packages & Configurations - Motor Trend Magazine

But I don't believe the interior sail panels for it are the same as the coupe. You could very easily hole saw the existing panels and mount tweeters though... Most tweeters come with some type of mounting bezels or cups. It'll sound better if you mount them on the interior A-pillars though.

#5 ·
https://www.partswebsite.com/saturn...&make=150&model=2423&year=2005&searchall=test

"Saturn Parts" - Saturn Parts & Saturn Accessories Online Catalog <^their search button isn't too sharp, probably best to just call the 800# Also you might be able to find them used, this guy (Ed Morad) is great, he has a bunch of yards that specialize in late model GM, I've had good luck with them in the past. Morad Parts Company - 3800 Motors, Transaxles, & Stock Parts
And if all else fails, try CarPart.com - Quality Automotive Parts at Wholesale Prices

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.