Tablet install 06 Redline - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Audio / Visual

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Tablet install 06 Redline

so as some of you may know ive had the idea to install a tablet in my car as the stereo for a while now. well since the car has been on jack stands for a month i figured id go ahead install my tablet. The tablet im using for my install is a motorola xoom running android jelly bean. i used lexan for the backing piece for were the stock radio sits. I still have to paint everything up and do a few tweaks here and there but for the most part its all done. i have it setup were i can pivot the tablet to basically any direction i want and the audio is ran thru my sub/amp combo and a additional amp to power the back speakers. if anyone wants something like this installed in there car i can acutally make kits for people to install a tablet in there car. clearly right now the only kit i can quickly make is for a Ion Redline or Cobalt ss but i can basically install a tablet setup like this on any vehicle. if anyone has any questions or needs any help with doing a similar setup just pm im always willing to help out my fellow redliners lol.

and heres a quick video i made to kinda show everyone. srry for the cough its cold out and ive had a cold for a few days.

VIDEO0021.mp4 video by tbandit420 - Photobucket
2006 Ion Redline: 80# injectors, tuned on e85, k&n cai,Ca V2 shorty header, magna flow catback to borla xr1 muffler,zzp catted downpipe,bwoody rear sway bar,zzp heat exchanger,custom option b, 2.8 smooth flow pulley, ingalls torque damper,quaffe lsd, Power stop evolution ceramic pads, Power stop Kinetic drilled and slotted rotors.

tbandit420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Of only it fit snuggly and didn't take up more space then needed. That would be awesome if you got the new iPad mini to fit snug, i would pay out the ass for that

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
iAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

i can make any tablet fit i just made mine like that because i wanted a big screen. i had a double din before this. but ya i can make a tablet fit snug against the dash and work the same way i just diddnt want mine like that.
tbandit420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAaron View Post
Of only it fit snuggly and didn't take up more space then needed. That would be awesome if you got the new iPad mini to fit snug, i would pay out the ass for that

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
That must be where the term "dirty money" comes from

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

the nexus 7 (or iPad mini if you have a boner for spending more money then you need to) would be much better suited for this. its lighter, and would be less gaudy, plus if synced with a hotspot, google now would be great in the car. "im hungry for some fast food" BOOM, your on your way to the nearest McDonalds. but a great idea none the less
-AEM Dryflow Intake - Tein Type S Lowering Springs -
rochford77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Wish HPT had RTT support for us.. It'd be a sweet setup for scanning though!

And apple rules.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rules the courtroom? Apple drives me crazy. They come out with something that has been out for years, re label it their own, imply they are the first and best product, and then sell products that are outdated when they come out, charge a premium, lock the software for you to be able to do only what they want you to be able to do, charge a premium for their nonstandard (compared to other products) cables, cords, ..., sue people who make/made their parts, And still, somehow, they have loyal fan boys who drink their koolaid and think they are completely original and far superior to anything out there. Did miss something?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
slitterell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

I love that commercial with the people waiting in line for 5 hours for the new iphone and the 2 guys with Samsung Galaxies 3 touch phones to exchange playlists. "When do you think we will get that touchy thing?" I laugh...

Red Clan Grand Master Assassin...
Big Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Very cool idea though. What about radio? I still use that old times contraption.

Pic for fun

Attached Thumbnails
Tablet install 06 Redline-uploadfromtaptalk1352084614240.jpg  
slitterell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochford77 View Post
the nexus 7 (or iPad mini if you have a boner for spending more money then you need to) would be much better suited for this. its lighter, and would be less gaudy, plus if synced with a hotspot, google now would be great in the car. "im hungry for some fast food" BOOM, your on your way to the nearest McDonalds. but a great idea none the less
i was just saying they would acomplish the same thing, but you would spend almost double on a iPM for the same performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armcclure View Post
Wish HPT had RTT support for us.. It'd be a sweet setup for scanning though!

And apple rules.
fill your car with iphones and send it off a cliff! :-P just kidding of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitterell View Post
Rules the courtroom? Apple drives me crazy. They come out with something that has been out for years, re label it their own, imply they are the first and best product, and then sell products that are outdated when they come out, charge a premium, lock the software for you to be able to do only what they want you to be able to do, charge a premium for their nonstandard (compared to other products) cables, cords, ..., sue people who make/made their parts, And still, somehow, they have loyal fan boys who drink their koolaid and think they are completely original and far superior to anything out there. Did miss something?

while i dont agree with their business practices, and i dont think they deserve how much more hype they get then their competitors, who have just as good of if not better products, apple does make really really nice stuff

/threadjack :-P
rochford77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement