FS: 2007 Saturn Vue Redline out of 5 year storage - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

FS: 2007 Saturn Vue Redline out of 5 year storage

I had this Vue stored indoors for the last 5 years and brought it out this past October. Since then Iíve done over $2,500 worth of maintenance including putting on an Aisin timing belt kit and Aisin water pump, flushed and changed the coolant with AC Delco Dexcool, new NGK iridum plugs, new AC Delco serpentine belt, new AC Delco air filter and cabin filter, new AC Delco Dexron VI transmission fluid change, new drilled front brake rotors and new pads, new rear Bosch drums and new shoes, new brake fluid change, etc. Itís got the Honda 3.5L V6 engine and 5-speed automatic transmission, and has 148,000 miles. Last year of the box bodystyle and looks as clean as a four year old vehicle because it was taken off the road when it was 4 years old. Priced at $6,995 and may take a part trade. Could also deliver at low cost. Located in the Washington DC area. Just detailed the exterior and have an album at: http://www.fototime.com/inv/4940C2964DD6DA7 will add more pics as I do the interior. atikovi@email.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 11:21 PM

Garage
Really good looking Vue.

It'd be an awesome compliment to my 2004 Black Ion Redline, but alas, I don't have $7,000 lying around.

Good luck with the sale.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 04:28 PM

i was looking at these before I got my IRL

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 07:22 PM

150k in 4 years? Wow
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 03:02 AM

Just FYI everybody -
I heard mechanics call DexCool "Dex-Kill" because of the residue it leaves in an engine....
It creates an orange sludge in the engine coolant passages...

I'm going back to ole' green next time I change, and just flushing every two years.
I plan on keeping my RL for a while.

Go to youtube and look for Dex kill....the engine rebuilder shows you what it did to the engines' coolant ports. Disgusting !! not in my baby !!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtatime View Post
Just FYI everybody -
I heard mechanics call DexCool "Dex-Kill" because of the residue it leaves in an engine....
It creates an orange sludge in the engine coolant passages...

I'm going back to ole' green next time I change, and just flushing every two years.
I plan on keeping my RL for a while.

Go to youtube and look for Dex kill....the engine rebuilder shows you what it did to the engines' coolant ports. Disgusting !! not in my baby !!
There is one video on you tube search dexkill and what he pulls out looks like barsleak. It's shit you put in yer radiator to stop pin hole leaks. Not to mention it's a 91 with a steel radiator, look at the rust on the filler neck. I've only run fed cool in mine and have never seen any sludge. The sludge needs air and if your system is working correctly there shouldn't be air.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 03:37 PM

there's a big debate about this I know from my own experience talking to the guys in the shop.

I recently went back to DEXCOOL because I want all original in my IRL.

Also, I used DEXCOOL in my saturn sedan for about 9 years and about 150,000 miles with no engine problems.

. . . . . . . . . . .Saturn Ion Redline
. . . . . . . ......Cool summer 2017
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:40 AM

Well, I picked this Redline Vue up for my soon to be wife. I have to say it's in excellent condition and runs like a dream. The miles maybe high, but it's a Honda engine so if you do the required maintenance, it should run forever. The engine in this Redline Vue is so clean, it almost looks like it came off the assembly line. The only thing we've done with it is, put a new battery in it, along with 4 new tires. The battery that came with it was fine, just not the right size, and the tires had tread life left, but I noticed a few (what appear to be) dry rot cracks. For safely and peace of mind, I put new tires on it. My fiancť loves this Redline Vue. She's never been a car person other than gas and go, but she's interested in learning more about what and why the Redlines are special. So we both now have Redlines.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:57 AM

nice to here what happened.

Last edited by 1Redline; 02-18-2017 at 10:08 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88GTAChuck View Post
Well, I picked this Redline Vue up for my soon to be wife. I have to say it's in excellent condition and runs like a dream. The miles maybe high, but it's a Honda engine so if you do the required maintenance, it should run forever. The engine in this Redline Vue is so clean, it almost looks like it came off the assembly line. The only thing we've done with it is, put a new battery in it, along with 4 new tires. The battery that came with it was fine, just not the right size, and the tires had tread life left, but I noticed a few (what appear to be) dry rot cracks. For safely and peace of mind, I put new tires on it. My fiancť loves this Redline Vue. She's never been a car person other than gas and go, but she's interested in learning more about what and why the Redlines are special. So we both now have Redlines.
The vue redline are actually more rare than the ions. They have a 3.5 liter version of the 3.2 liter engine that was in the Acura TL. If you want to dress it up at all you can actually fit the engine cover from the Acura on it. I did it to mine and it was nice. Just like the ions they start as a regular vue but get suspension brake and body upgrades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.