Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

stupid passlock

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  sheek360 
#1 ·
so yea every now and then my passlock system light comes on, not right when i start it up, about 2 minutes after i start driving it comes on. and it only comes on every now and then. what the hell could be the cause of this? in the manual it says to take it to the dealer and have them look at it. screw that. i know it just isnt working when the light is on.

#4 ·
kombi731 said:
I haven't gone to dealer yet cause I can't show it to them but I should do it under warranty
Yup. This is my biggest complaint again Saturn.

I took my car in 4 times b/c of this, and got the "Could not duplicate" runaround every time. This is a common problem w/ a known cause and a known solution, but they still give their customers the shaft.

#5 ·
TheWastedYears said:
"Could not duplicate"
ah the Saturn motto, I need to get around to it though, harder when you have one dealer too:freak5:
they have my car for the first time today, they should be pressing my 225/45/r17's on... some bull about how their machine may not be able too
at least the guy was cool about it, but I want the tires on there minus the bull

#8 ·
TheWastedYears said:
It's been a known issue since 2003, at least. GM Customer Service said that techs just can't go swapping out parts at the customer's request. My response was "Quit building cars that suck, and they won't have to."
:rofl: i too have heard the "cant duplicate" when my intercooler wires were crossed. Then they told me they uncrossed it..... i end up having to pay some homeless guy with a multi meter to check it for me. sure enough, the dealer never checked em, they were crossed.....

#13 ·
lol...I had the problem for 6 months...blurry is having this problem...
...the 2.2ions, Vue's and L300's have the same problem.

...the only way i got it fixed, I drove in there with the light on 6 TIMES!...
then they replaced the BCM...didnt work, got out the drive-way of the dealer, *STALL*.

they took it back, they replaced the IGN. Put in the latest re-flash, and BAM, no problems...hasnt come back since then.

#14 ·
kombi731 said:
yeah nice work w/ the dealer
sheek360- your story got that much better when a homeless guy worked on your RL
:rofl: mostly thanks to the forums, someone told me to yank the connector and test the ends with a multimeter<i really think it was rlinbatonrouge that said that>. the homeless dude tested em and assured me that black is negative or something :shrug03:

i saw em the other day hanging out by the farm store

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.