Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

LSJ Build in Hot Rod Mag.

7K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  Area47 
#1 ·

July 2009

look it up im too lazy to type everything....

See less See more
#4 ·
they actually use 2 diff. blowers but i belive the TVS gets the big number.

#8 ·
fucking PWN3D.....

if i had a scanner id scan it and post it, but i dont.......so your gonna hafta borrow/ buy/ steal the issue.

#10 ·
#17 ·
i wasn't all that impressed with the numbers to be honest. Those are engine numbers not whp #s. I would expect with that kinda boost and cams that it would produce higher. I guess it takes a bit more power to spin the tvs1900 than we thought. I'm guessing when going with this setup you might want to look into a standalone ecu. HPT has its limitations. I feel a fully pushed m62 or TVS1320 pretty much make tuning with HPT fairly difficult with sensor limitations and such.

#21 ·
On our cars.. We don't have the displacement to turn them to effective use.. I'm sure they would be pimpin on a Car in which the blowers output isn't as big as the engine itself!! LOL!

I wasn't talking of other cars, just ours.

Not impressed with them for an LSJ. Just, IMO.

#36 · (Edited)
Guy that made 400+ on it was beating on it on the dyno for hours though.
You guys will see in a month or so what a fully built/ported lsj with a TVS will pull.
Both dyno and track.

"This was about the 5th hour on the dyno. We had to keep stopping to let the rollers cool down....engine finally blew on the 6th hour. blew a little over 6k rpm w/ 421WHP. Cylinder sleeve blew out...about 2" chunk blew into the block walls....AMAZINGLY the Pistons AND rings were fine. Everything in the shop was rattling and the neighbors called the police about the noise...cops laughed and said it's a commercial/auto zone nothing they can do. "

The sleeves are not being overlooked on the aforementioned build. So we will see.

#38 ·
yep, missing a/c and alternator iirc. also there was no drivetrain - clutch/trans/axles/brakes/wheels/tires... etc. so there's nothing special about this particular article imo. i like how the lsj is getting some spotlight, but those numbers have been made on whp with the tvs

#39 ·
Yeah no a/c, alt. or water pump. But as stated earlier, I think that was just quickly thrown together for entertainment purposes. I'm sure if a little time was spent, plenty more power could have been made, especially if the build was designed with the volume of flow of the blower in mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.