Stop me from buying a Gen. Coupe! - Page 4 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > General Area > General Discussion

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
SPARTA!!!

Re: Stop me from buying a Gen. Coupe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonNinja View Post
WRX > BRZ

Can't see why anyone would buy a BRZ when you can have turbo AWD for the same price!
Because the WRX is an ugly bulbous hunk of shit. I don't have anything against sedans..... Except WRXs...... They look so........uhhhhhhhh........not good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide App
Caboose is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #32 (permalink)
KSC

Thats a real simple answer for me, I could never bring myself to buy a WRX and have it not be an STI. Same as if they sold a straight turbo Lancer. It just wouldn't sit right.

Not saying the answer is rational, just sayin'.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #33 (permalink)

What you want is to feel more luxury or upscale performance, rather than boy-racer performance.

Q: What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
A: First, you screw. Then, you bolt.
golden chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #34 (permalink)
KSC

Well, yeah, pretty much.

Not that I truely care what anyone thinks of me (okay, we all do to some extent), but I'm gonna be fo..for..old(er) in a few months. I just feel weird in the IRL, now. In a few more years it'll look like I'm borrowing my son's car.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #35 (permalink)

Stop me from buying a Gen. Coupe!

Well in my case gen coupe has LSD, brembo brakes, rwd, nice interior (even though I love my recaros) 3.8 sounds amazing and is probably just as fast as my car. If I don't get one of my buddy's two evos I'm going to bite the bullet and grab a 2013 3.8 track (r-spec doesn't have cruise control :/ )

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #36 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
So compared to the fat Gen. Coupe, I'm getting a distinct advantage, but compared to our car, I'm just straight out losing 98hp. Bah, whatever. I'm an old fart now, anyway, and I drive the IRL like an old fart. My tastes for how fast something goes in a straight line have kinda changed. I want something more refined, "grown up", if you will. I think I'm gonna go for it. So long as they give me closer to $6K trade in than $4k and I get an interest rate of 4.5% or less.

I actually got to the dealer an hour before closing. By the to e we got down to prices, it was getting pretty late. Add that to the fact that they "Can't honestly give you a fair offer on your car, we've never had a Redline before", I couldn't have taken it home tonight, anyway. At least they were honest about the trade in. Said they'd make a few calls in the morning and call me back.

The whole experience was night and day from Hyundai. I knew I couldn't really negotiate with such a popular car, so I'm not really getting any deals. I got them to take 1.75% off simply because I balked that I could go "home" to NJ to get 7% sales tax. It's something!
penfed.org for auto loans. 1.49%. You could always take what the dealership offers for financing and refinance with penfed.

I am glad you looked at a BRZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #37 (permalink)
KSC

@Rayne: It's a great car, I can't deny it. I was pretty much sold. In fact, had they had any color other than red, I'd probably be driving one right now. Now that I've seen the severity of these tranny problems, though, I'm not so into the idea. Make sure you read through that thread I posted on the last page. Yeah, probably 50 of those pages are from the same 5 posters replies, but it's still a significant issue you may wanna be forewarned about before jumping in. You don't need your new car in the shop every few months for a tranny swap.

Ah, thanks GMR. I just got back from the local Credit Union, actually. They offered me 2.71, which for my credit score is pretty damn great. I was expecting 4. something
Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
KSC

So let's just say an 06 IRL in VG condition w/ 81K KBBs for $6.8K Trade-In Value. How much money would you pay (AKA lose) not to have to deal with 50 Ricer kids from Craigslist calling your house every day to come and drive your car while you grit your teeth and then leave without actually buying it?

Personally, not having to deal with people in that capacity is worth $1,000 to me. Suburu, however, are only offering me $5,100.

What's the least you'd take? What are our cars actually selling for out there private party wise? does anyone even want/care about them?

Edit: Sheesh. Judging from past ebay activity, I may wanna jump on that! Still, throw in Stage 2, Mounts, t-bars, rear sway, and Comp package. That's makes the pill extra biter to swallow. Wish I could just keep the IRL and put more down on the car, but I cant really afford to keep, no do I have space for 3 vehicles.

Last edited by KSC; 02-04-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

My policy for craigslist would be cash in hand or no rides and you break it, you bought it.

But, yes, $1000 is in the ballpark difference between private sale and trade in.

My experience is that a car with over 50,000 miles on it is always rated around KBB fair or poor and any money added to make it appear as if it was more is taken from the profit margin in the new car. It's a shell game, really...and my experience comes from 2 years as a car salesman at two dealers.

Last edited by golden chicken; 02-04-2013 at 03:42 PM.
golden chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

If you traded it in for $5,100, the next day you would run into someone and they will tell you "I would have paid you $5,500!" But, is it worth the hassle for a few hundred bucks? Then one day that person is going to call you up and say "Hey, the is (insert one of the many common small problems have) what do you think it is?"

Once you sign the paper work the dealership will leave you alone!
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement