Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

I forgot how much fun this car is to drive

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  REDLINE1313 
#1 Β·
So my 05 Redline has pretty much been parked in\out of the garage for the last 3ish years. I've probably only put 1k miles on her in that time maybe.

She's sitting at 106k miles - and this week I had a full tune up done on her. Fuel filter, plugs and wires. Had the timing Chain inspected, Everything looks good but after researching the timing chain tensioner issues i'm kinda paranoid now. I had a buddy with and cobalt SS and his jumped timing a couple years bad. That was partly why I parked her. Didn't have money or real interest to fix it at the time. Ordered a new tensioner and new Super Charger Oil.

Mechanic thinks a bearing in the SC is going out, not looking forward to that.

Any ways this car can still put a smile on my face nearly 12 years later. :grin2:

#3 Β· (Edited)
Yeah its stock. Any idea where to get the coupler or what part number it is?

Nevermind found them over at zzp. I get one of those as well thanks for the heads up.

#7 Β·
turn a few times with a little go and see no more traction on the inside of the front tires :surprise:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.