Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

My Ion 2 Sedan

4K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  IonNinja 
#1 ·
Went out and snapped a few pics yesterday and thought I'd share. Not much done yet but hopefully that will change soon.

Right now I have the following mods:
17" Rota Slipstream
225/45/17 General Exclaim UHP tires
Sprint 1.75" drop - I've gotten used to them and now I want no wheel gap:D
Tsudo 2.5" catback exhaust w/ 3A Racing 3.25" tip replacing that ugly pee shooter

:)

See less See more
#3 ·
3 comments:
1) I really like that color. I wish the red line was offered in that color. It is a pretty unique color to satty.
2) That exhaust tip looks really sharp. No fart can there, and it looks really sporty.
3) Love the rims. Period.

#5 ·
yay I get some love from the big brothers

I didn't think that many people would dig the Rotas when seeing them in pictures, they're not really all that photogenic.

I hope that one day I can run with some stock Redlines in the 1/4...I'll probably be going nitrous though instead of turbo. But if I go the turbo route I'd have to stop all performance mods while I save up for the kit and I know that would just burn a whole in my pocket :)

I'm still undecided though, and I'm a little unsure of how these cars are tuned since my previous car could have a custom burned chip made. That makes me nervous about going the turbo route but we'll see ;)

#8 ·
IonNinja said:
yay I get some love from the big brothers

I didn't think that many people would dig the Rotas when seeing them in pictures, they're not really all that photogenic.

I hope that one day I can run with some stock Redlines in the 1/4...I'll probably be going nitrous though instead of turbo. But if I go the turbo route I'd have to stop all performance mods while I save up for the kit and I know that would just burn a whole in my pocket :)

I'm still undecided though, and I'm a little unsure of how these cars are tuned since my previous car could have a custom burned chip made. That makes me nervous about going the turbo route but we'll see ;)

I'd spray it. theres something about a satty on spray that is sexy. then you can keep the money for suspension/other interior bits, like a roll cage, racing seats ect.

#9 ·
Nice car. One question, do all the new ION's (the redesigned 06's) come with that broken headlight look? Look at pic 3 and pic 4, see the bottom corner of the light looks broken off (I hope its not broke and is supposed to look like that). I ask as my dad's 04 sedan doesn't have that. Other than that, very nice sedan, very nice rims.

#11 ·
How does that exhaust sound??? Any sound clips. I almost bought that exhaust for my QC3 I had...but then i just traded up to the RL.

#12 ·
Those rims are tight... I was looking at a set to put my new Falken Ziex 512s on, once summer rolls around...

#14 ·
the nitrous probably wont go on until all my bolt ons are finished so that may be a little bit from now.

the springs are okay, I just want my car a little bit lower now and a little bit stiffer.

I wish the 17" version of the Rotas were as light as the 15/16" versions though...these ones weigh 20lbs. :(

but thanks for the comments guys!

#17 ·
XeroState said:
Nice car. One question, do all the new ION's (the redesigned 06's) come with that broken headlight look?
To answer this question, yes. When the design change was made in 05 they were put there to take up space it seems so that they could change the front end with minimal effort...I kinda like the 03-04 front end better...wish they would've stuck with it. Or if I could get a painted grill with mesh inside insteal of the chrome strips I think that'd look pretty nice...

#19 ·
I'd lose the 4 foot antenna and get a shorty euro antenna for 10 bucks. Cheap mod, great look. Just my 2 cents...great looking Ion though.

#21 ·
I bought mine from AutoZone for like 10 or 15 bucks, I think it makes the car look alot better.

#23 ·
IonNinja said:
I thought about it before but didn't wanna look like a remote control car...I may have to reconsider.
Haha...i see where your coming from with the remote control car comment. With the black rims I still think a little more noticable antenna would accent it nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.