Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

How to tell if the car needs coolant...

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  my_bd 
#1 · (Edited)
This sounds like a total noob question.. With the hot weather coming(105+) here in Riverside.. I want to make sure my car is running as best she can.. Which means I wanna make sure its cool.. My AIT's have been in the low 100's lately.. Wanna know if maybe my car is low on intercooler coolant.. Or just coolant in general.. And what kind to use to refill.. Let me know! Thanks

Nevermind.. Coolant is fine.. Its just the intercooler coolant that needs to be refilled.. On my way to autozone right now to pick up some Dexcool...

Scott

#2 ·
IERedLine said:
This sounds like a total noob question.. With the hot weather coming(105+) here in Riverside.. I want to make sure my car is running as best she can.. Which means I wanna make sure its cool.. My AIT's have been in the low 100's lately.. Wanna know if maybe my car is low on intercooler coolant.. Or just coolant in general.. And what kind to use to refill.. Let me know! Thanks

Nevermind.. Coolant is fine.. Its just the intercooler coolant that needs to be refilled.. On my way to autozone right now to pick up some Dexcool...

Scott
I believe you have to use the gm dexcool cuz anything else thats mixed with it will mess up your intercooler. Gm dexcool cant be mixed with the other pink radiator fluid cuz it eventualy becomes corrosive, i know because jcarss had that problem with his radiator. Im not sure if usinf some aftermarket fluid that promises lower temps in there will cause any damage, im sure someone else can chime in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.