Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Redline's Ecotec head vs any other Ecotec

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Vita 
#1 ·
Is the Redline's head different from other Ecotec heads? If not, why can't you just put a header from another Ion on it? :confused:

#2 ·
pretty sure you can, just that those are made for a n/a engine, they will help, but once one is made specifically for the RL, it will be designed with the fact that it's boosted in mind, allowing a much better flow and hopefully leading to a 3'' exit for a nice full 3" exhaust system

#3 ·
Vita said:
pretty sure you can, just that those are made for a n/a engine, they will help, but once one is made specifically for the RL, it will be designed with the fact that it's boosted in mind, allowing a much better flow and hopefully leading to a 3'' exit for a nice full 3" exhaust system
Are there any other Ecotec headers for the Ions available? What size collectors do they have?

#4 ·
not sure about the ions, i know the cavi/sunfire's have them, but i've read something about the firewall or something getting in the way. i believe there is one in the works for the ion, also being looked into whether or not any of the other ecotec ones work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.