Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

automatic starter?

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  XeroState 
#1 ·
does anyone know of automatic starters? where to get em and what the installations like?

#2 ·
Forgive my ignorance on this . . . can you put a remote start on a manual . . . do you want to??? Don't leave it in gear.

#3 ·
hahah yeah thats the thing, u can put it in a manual im 100% sure on that.. probably cant leave it in gear tho..

its so damn cold here and getting colder, i want to get her started b4 i get in lol

#5 ·
Cat Ion said:
Most installers will refuse to put one in because of the liability of putting one one a stick shift car.
agreed, i haven't found any out here that will even say it's possible for a manual...
just get up a few mins earlier, put some warm layers on and start it and lock your doors (as long as you have spare keys, ;) ) then do what you need to inside and get back in the car...i always just sit in there and wait for like 5 mins...no biggie

#9 ·
you can do it but you have to bypass your clutch depression switch. that means when you go to the track you won't be able to race with the remote start in your car

#11 ·
instead of bypassing a switch a clever setup with a spst relay could be used, there are a few companies that make remote start for a manual car, but if you use ones intended for automatic only, and you forget to take the car out of gear, you'll see your car lunging forward over and over until you stop it. LOL hope you don't park infront of a concrete/brick wall.

#12 ·
max_boost said:
Not true. The Compustar remote start does not bypass the clutch switch.
then how does the car detect the clutch has been depressed for start up?

#13 ·
hawlyns711 said:
then how does the car detect the clutch has been depressed for start up?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a relay.

#16 ·
haha well i usually use the e brake.. but like iono i just wanted one cuz i have work at 5am so its a huge help at that time!!

#17 ·
My remote starter won't 'arm' if the car is in gear, once in gear it disarms.. I literally can't start my car in gear with the remote no matter what I do.

I've had mine in for nearly 3yrs now, no problems. People who say it can't be done are just foolish, any GOOD shop [my dealer did, among other places that said they would] can do it no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.