Service Vehicle light - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > ION Redline Discussion

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Service Vehicle light

Well my Service Vehicle light came on today....no not check engine light. Im not sure why but don't really have time to take it in the car seems to be running fine though.

Any guesses on what it might be?
korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

There's way too many things that it could be to start guessing. Only gone off before because of a pinched hose to one of the sensors.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mine does it once a week or so when I go to start it. It wont crank and will display the "Service Vehicle Soon" text in the display. I turn the key to off and try again, and it fires up like normal. Weird, maybe i don't have the clutch pushed in all the way or somthing, is it like that?
unknownsuperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Superd00d

Has anyone looked in the manual to see what it means? I'm assuming so...

Sp00n's HP Tuned GM Stage 2, K&N CAI, SFPH 2.8" Pulley, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, B&M Shifter, GMPP Clutch, Eibach Drop, Stillen Rotors, ZZP Stage1 Axles, URC-Subframe, TqForward Strut Bars.

260whp 225wtq
1/4 - 14.0 @ 103.7

Red Red Line Club #001
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mine came on along with the passlock sensor light. In the manual it says it is a non-emissions problem and requires the dealer to service it...somethihng to that extent.

My Gallery
redline14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

There is a module that is in the steering column that is bad. I had that problem a few times and the dealer finally fixed it. My dealer said he had seen the same situation on a few other IONs. It only took them 30 minutes to fix it.
AGP 50 Trim, APEXI SAFC 2, RC 750's, Redstar return line, AGP CAI, ATP UPP w/ Turbo XS RFL, Mopar stage 2, Mopar performance clutch, Mopar lowering springs, HP Racing TBE, Mopar STS, MSD coil & wires, Ebay special FMIC, Bwoody Collection (catch can, H-brace/traction bar combo, shroud, soild mounts, coil heat shield), Hotchkis f/r sways, AEM UEGO wideband, Aeroforce Scan Gauge, All powder coating by Bwoody

284HP/328TQ (Before the 50 trim)
jeepin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

actually who knows what it is? because chances of it being the same module are slim but not impossible. it all depends on the code and so on. it could be a wheel speed sensor goin bad or opened up. nobody will know until it gets checked out.

Unknownsuperhero your car wouldn't even crank if your clutch wasn't dperessed. its different if you are getting a no crank no start condition but from the sounds of it you need a new cam sensor. THAT is a common problem with the LSJ engine. if you had the cam sensor seal done the tech that did the repair may have not aligned the sensor correctly or the sensor itself has started to go bad.

But as for the "SVS" light Redline14 is correct. SES and SVS lights are different SES only illuminates when the emmisions outputs from your car reach 1.5 times the federal limit.
ACasper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsuperhero
Mine does it once a week or so when I go to start it. It wont crank and will display the "Service Vehicle Soon" text in the display. I turn the key to off and try again, and it fires up like normal. Weird, maybe i don't have the clutch pushed in all the way or somthing, is it like that?
Mine did that and it wasnt the clutch switch. Eventually it happened every time I started it. I noted the problem when I took it in for the cam position sensor recall. They didn't replace the iginition switch, but they did replace the PCM. Don't know if they blew the PCM or it was just bad - they were kind of cagy about why I needed a new one. In the end they noted "unable to simulate/no codes" on the invoice for the start problem. But when the service mgr. called to say it wouldn't be done that day he told me they couldn't start it and had to push it in the shop. Maybe the tech just blew my PCM trying to read codes and they were lost.

The problem seems to have dissappeared except for one incident when I had turned the key on without starting the car to play the stereo - no service light though. There are too many posts about quirky behavior. I really wish we had complete design requirements for this software. Perhaps the software/PCM detected some fault and intentionally caused the no-crank to force us to notice the service light. Or maybe the service light is just coming on because it detected multiple no-crank starts. Without having access to original software code, developers, or detailed documentation we can only speculate.
CarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

When I got home I turned the car off then restarted it and the light went away....the picture with the car and lock on it did light up also though. I drove about 50 miles today with the light never coming back on. I have 9xxxx miles on the car.
korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicanSpeed
There's way too many things that it could be to start guessing.
I totally agree with this statement. Essentially ANY DTC in ANY module, that is NOT emissions related- can command the "Service Vehicle Soon" message on the DIC. If it returns you will either have to use a suitable scan tool to to get the DTC or take it into your friendly neighborhood Saturn Service Dept.
Regards
WopOnTour
WopOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement