Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

starter problems

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Sp00ner 
#1 ·
anybody having starter problems, they just replaced my 2nd starter this month when i go to start the car it hangs up . and burns the shit out of it !!!

#2 ·
well ur not supposed to hold the key down at all your supposed to be able to just take and push the key forward and let go right away and itll start fine.

#3 ·
but from what it sounds like is that there is a shorting that is occuring either around the starter or somewhere in somewiring causing it to short out and burn the starter. i would have to say that they will prob have to take the whole thing apart to tell where it could be coming from. but who knows i could be wayyyy off. thats just what it sounds like to me.

#5 ·
i havent heard anything yet but ill keep an ear open. all that has been prob's with is just that it wont start w/the little yellow key flashing on the ICP. no starters had to been replaced, that i know of.

#7 ·
scottietohottie402 said:
anybody having starter problems, they just replaced my 2nd starter this month when i go to start the car it hangs up . and burns the shit out of it !!!
I wonder if it's that 'auto-start' feature locking up, you know what I'm talking about? On mine, I just bump the key forward, and it cranks till it's started. This didn't just happen after the N20 install did it?

#8 ·
starter

no it happened before i got the nx and it happened one week later..saturn is total lost.... i talked with them late this evening and they cant find anything that whould make 2 starters crap out in a row... at first they thought it chould be the 2 extra batterys or my cap.. but i told them that i have had my sound system in my car for about 6 months now.. the thing that pisses me of the most is once the starter craps out you can't even jump the car because the starter stays permanently engaged so when i push it off you can hear it grinding on the flywheel !!!!

#9 ·
Maybe they should replace your ignition switch. Sounds like the trigger to engage the starter is staying open. Since we can rule out a defective starter, the only other things left are the ignition switch and the wiring between...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.