Lets try this again...Rebuild #3 :( - Page 3 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > ION Redline Discussion

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philzoot007 View Post
still on m62?
Yeup..........

6.0L LS2 400HP Trailblazer SS Here I come!!!!
05VUE-Redline-06ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

300 crank maybe... Or super happy dyno lol

Mind posting your tune file?

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #23 (permalink)

tune. no sleeves
tune. no springs
tune. sucks to be you, all those good parts and hard work.
if there is a mechanical issue, then perhaps you could call it a contributing factor.

I have driven 2000 miles with a massive air leak from a phenolic spacer, car ran like crap, would not run right, dynod it even so to figure it out, drove it home/
pistons were fine. fixed leak motor good.

so I have to say,
tune
runaway detonation happens fast.

I have egt, it is useful inded, but egt wont help you, the egt doesnt climb fast enough to tip you off, runaway detonation kills the pistons before you get a chance to even read the egt gauge.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armcclure View Post
300 crank maybe... Or super happy dyno lol

Mind posting your tune file?
no idea...never saw the run on the computer.

tune is attached
Attached Files
File Type: hpt EP tuning.hpt (931.2 KB, 8 views)
05VUE-Redline-06ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Well, the timing maps sure got smacked...no question there. I question the approach...I am not claiming to be any expert, but I have been tuning a while. If this car still has a returnless fuel system on it, then it would seem the IFR table and the associated voltage comp table isn't right. The PE table seems bass-ackwards too. 1.26 sloping down to 1.16 EQ ratio?? I tend to be richer than other guys tuning, but thats quite lean. The way I look at it, your whole tune precipitates from the correct injector data...if it begins with incorrect constants, then all other variables that are modified assuming the injector data to be correct get skewed. It kinda looks like this is the case to me. The PE gets "raped" to get fueling where you want delivered AFR....but the timing fails to deliver...maybe the g/cyl wasn't being logged and he struggled to find the row the table was drawing from? This explains the "blanket" applied to a large general area. Not sure if anyone agrees with me, maybe someone else will chime in. Thoughts/opinions?
Papa C 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05VUE-Redline-06ION View Post
There was a guy in the shop at the time that had a CSS. said he came off the lot brand new and put down 225. added a stage 2 kit and didnt even add teh GM STG2 tune to the car justed tuned it off the stock file. i forgot wat he said he put down after that, but he did say his motor was mostly stock and he had it putting down 300.....
After hearing that, I'd have driven away.

Another crap tune strikes again. Sucks to hear, but hopefully you can build it better and get ahold of someone who knows what they are doing when tuning LSJs
Ecocharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #27 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa C 2000 View Post
Well, the timing maps sure got smacked...no question there. I question the approach..
Ouch. I don't think my engine would like to hit that timing wall...

Quote:
If this car still has a returnless fuel system on it, then it would seem the IFR table and the associated voltage comp table isn't right. The PE table seems bass-ackwards too. 1.26 sloping down to 1.16 EQ ratio?? I tend to be richer than other guys tuning, but thats quite lean.
I would be willing to bet that the tuner was removing fuel via the PE table instead of properly calibrating the MAF. Just because the PE Table was commanding 12.6afr doesn't mean the car was reaching it. But if it was...

And did you notice how the last few cells in the Maf were left alone? That might be fine to leave those cells alone if the car will NEVER hit those cells but if the owner were ever to pulley down or go from an hot indoor dyno cell to some nice cold winter air that could increase air flow. Even if I don't hit those cells during logging I still scale them to make sure the tune safe.

Quote:
The way I look at it, your whole tune precipitates from the correct injector data...if it begins with incorrect constants, then all other variables that are modified assuming the injector data to be correct get skewed. It kinda looks like this is the case to me. The PE gets "raped" to get fueling where you want delivered AFR....but the timing fails to deliver...maybe the g/cyl wasn't being logged and he struggled to find the row the table was drawing from? This explains the "blanket" applied to a large general area. Not sure if anyone agrees with me, maybe someone else will chime in. Thoughts/opinions?
It's hard to pin point the issue on one thing since there are a lot of incorrect things with that tune. Maybe if we had a log file we could see more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05VUE-Redline-06ION
Yeah Prem fuel. I had a tune from laseracer on here that he gave me from when i added the 80s and 2.8 it ran but i knew it was running rich.
It appears the tuner went out of his way to destroy the base tune you provided him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #28 (permalink)

ooopppps i read it wrong dident realize he had bates sleeves sorry

Last edited by mrbelvedere; 11-19-2012 at 10:48 AM.
mrbelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #29 (permalink)

don't pull any punches, tell us how you really feel...really
Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
are you fucking high there is not enough material to bore this engine the sleeves are only .060 thick if you were dead set on it .010 is the max it should and that is pushing it
They're bates sleeves.... Ray says 0.040" max.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement