wtf car wont idle till warm - Page 2 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > ION Redline Discussion

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLINE1313 View Post
Almost sounds like a bad O2 sensor not telling the comp to run rich on cold start. That or your tune isn't letting it or telling it to bump up. I'm no expert though just my 2c. Are ya throwing codes?
It did throw a few codes when I first started the car after installing the engine but they were normal codes from me forgetting to plugin a sensor but I fixed that. I have a question it might be my O2 sensor because I went catless and unplugged the rear o2 sensor and now I have a open connection where the rear sensor was suppose to go. Could I have the front o2 sensor plugged into where the back one was suppose to go? Would that cause the hard idle till it was warm?

Mods: 5857 Billet Precision Turbocharger, Capable full spool right around 3k rpm
Tial Sport MVS 38mm External Wastegate
Greddy Type RS Blow off Valve, 40mm
Diamond Forged pistons stock compression
Return Style Fuel System (Return-kit)
ARP Ecotec Head Studs (231-4701)
Darton Ecotec Sleeve Kit (2.0) (DAR500-100 2.0)
**** Rotated Trans Mounts (Stage 2) (Stage 2 Rotated Mounts)
ZZP 78# Ecotec Valve Springs
roderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

You do your own tuning don't you? Or have HPT anyway?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recaro86 View Post
You do your own tuning don't you? Or have HPT anyway?
yeah I do but I have not tuned in like a year and a half I have to catch up on it all because I have forgot some things. I have hpt
Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

I checked my o2 sensor and it is plugged into the right one. This is what happens I just tried to start my car my a/f is 12.2 and it runs fine but then bounces to 19 a/f and dies what could cause that? Also I have some weird purple fluid leaking on the bottom of my car what could that be? its not engine oil that I know of power steering maybe? trans axle fluid? please help guys
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Your not getting fuel. Check fuel rail pressure. I bet it tanks right before it dies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
slitterell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

If it does, fuel pump or fuel filter... Or both. When is the last time you changed your fuel filter? I burned out my original fuel pump by a clogged fuel filter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
slitterell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

cold start the car runs open loop cause the engine dumps fuel and then once warmed up, it goes closed loop and works off of the sensors on the intake and exhaust. sounds like there is something up with piece (sensor) of the system involded with closed loop, IMO. I don't see why the fuel pump would be working at the start then dying out, because if a fuel pump is going bad, it will stay in one state (on or off), that's how you classify it as bad or not. it working intermittently doesn't sound right to me. good luck.
Forum favorites: When darkmanX beat me in a roll, the cover page red Redline is right-hand drive, the GMPONE crew and all the other members I met, the few twincharged RL's out there, and of course my original purchases from Ron9919 which gave me my first mod bug.
hawlyns711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawlyns711 View Post
cold start the car runs open loop cause the engine dumps fuel and then once warmed up, it goes closed loop and works off of the sensors on the intake and exhaust. sounds like there is something up with piece (sensor) of the system involded with closed loop, IMO. I don't see why the fuel pump would be working at the start then dying out, because if a fuel pump is going bad, it will stay in one state (on or off), that's how you classify it as bad or not. it working intermittently doesn't sound right to me. good luck.
My car only has 80k miles on it too fuel filter was changed so I dont think its that. What sensor would it be do you happen to know any by hand? also would it help if I posted a hpt log of it starting and dieing?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

The purple sounds like trans fluid, mine was purple when I drained it
recaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Winter blend fuel probably is multiplying the problem also, that has been out over a month here though.
recaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement