Bullit's evolution/build thread! - Page 2 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > ION Redline Discussion

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recaro86 View Post
Great pictures and clean engine bay. Looks like you know your shit, great to see you make it yours.
Now, Pics of this said Mariah?
I know quite a bit and with being back on here a lot I hope to learn more. We were really happy the car was pretty clean and shined up well. Mariah is on the forums and on the Facebook one a lot. A pic I pulled from there with our wing LOL!!
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...38632259_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonNinja View Post
nice man, I didn't know you picked up a Redline!

I hope I can reach your old SS/SC dyno numbers lol
Thanks Jerry. We hadn't really told anyone yet. Once keep a low pro as things have really changed over the yrs. I missed my car a lot and this Redline is a win win for the both of us. I'll be checking in on your build and hope you hit your goal as well. My car was so much fun at that level will still a lot more to get out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
looks good sell the lnf cat back it sounds like complete hammered ass behind the lsj
Everyone has said that including GMRedline here too. But I got it for free and figured why not. If I don't like it I'll change the muffler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline View Post
Nice thread.

I like those tail lights. Nice and clean.
Thanks man! I wanna keep it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djames View Post
cars looks awesome. your engine bay is the cleanest ive ever seen. be careful with that "giggle juice" ive seen to many that have blown their engine with it. and what springs you riding on seems like your ride height is different in different pics. Glad to see this kind of thread seems this forum has become kind of a graveyard with everybody trying to selling there car or parting it out from a wreck.
good luck
Thanks. I will be careful. Def wanna set it up right and use a progressive kit and all the safety nets. I'm not afraid to push it though as we still have the base Ion as a spare car and also a spare motor to build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennpenn83 View Post
God damn I miss Arizona...

Your plans for the motor sound eerily similar to mine...
Then hurry up and get your ass down here bro. We miss all you guys and so much going on here now. This is gonna be a fun year.
BULLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitterell View Post
Nice. Why you are there and having he head ported, consider getting cams for it. It will make it easier to achieve your goal

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
You know this is something I'd really like to discuss here. Since I last left, there really were no good cams out. I haven't really found any good threads on cams on how much each has gain from each stg. I know the diff profiles are just basically moving the powerband higher in the rpm, but how is the TRQ on all the cams? With this car I'd like to make rev happy with the TVS on it!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLIT View Post
You know this is something I'd really like to discuss here. Since I last left, there really were no good cams out. I haven't really found any good threads on cams on how much each has gain from each stg. I know the diff profiles are just basically moving the powerband higher in the rpm, but how is the TRQ on all the cams? With this car I'd like to make rev happy with the TVS on it!
I recall somewhere that they create 25-50 hp and not sure on tq but I don't recall where I saw that. I do, though, know a good set of cams increase power up top. I have heard good things about the ZZP Cams.

This is off of the ZZP website:

The Stage 2 cams are the next step, they will raise your powerband about 700-1000rpm, they will make peak power around 7500-7800rpm! They will require neutral balance shafts.

I do have springs and cams ready for a ported head to install when I get the head from a friend to send off. I could definitely let you know the results. I plan on dynoing on March the 3rd without cams/ported head combo.When I am done, I could retune and dyno before I put the 2.7 (might skip that and go straight for TVS) to get a comparison. We shall see how things line up.
slitterell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

I tend not to go off of Zzp site for much info because it's their product and they obviously need to make it look good to sale. That's just my personal opinion. Not all things they release are great. I like to take in what you guys think and real world application.
I'm definitely interested in your results. I know Jordan ran them but did them with other mods at the same time?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Quote:
There is no good information about the ZZP cams anywhere. There are a few guys running them but no one has done any clear before and after dyno runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Directly from Comp is cheaper and more options.

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Then I will have to do a before without ported head and cam and after with. I am sure someone has a dyno with just ported head and without for comparison?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Professor

Quote:
I tend not to go off of Zzp site for much info because it's their product and they obviously need to make it look good to sale. That's just my personal opinion. Not all things they release are great. I like to take in what you guys think and real world application.
I'm definitely interested in your results. I know Jordan ran them but did them with other mods at the same time?
You are correct, I've only ever run stock cams until this build, and I did this build far far beyond stock so I wouldn't even want to guess how the ZZP cams might have changed the power.
Tennpenn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

Re: Bullit's evolution/build thread!

Tennpenn83,Did you put in nbs or do a delete?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Professor

Delete kit from levelzeromotorsports.com

Better option IMHO than NBS.
Tennpenn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement