Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

134LOO Build

29K views 290 replies 14 participants last post by  slitterell 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I had a build thread on here but apparently I only have a super friendly dyno sheet. If I can get my car built (again) will be dyno-ing on the same dyno in a couple of weeks (I am sure hopelessly optimisic) but surely by a couple of weeks later for what is called Lone Star Bash, a drag racing event in Temple, TX for all street cars.

134LOO or Baloo is the name of my car and the only way I can get them to work with custom Texas plates. Shortly, I will also have a Sky Redline so I can't name it slitterell's build thread :)

Here is what I have up to this point:

Audio

-Alpine Receiver (forget model but has inputs on rear of deck)
-Rockford Fosgate P6002 pushing a Kicker Enclosed 12" 600W (plenty imo)
-Kicker 600W Amp pushing 4 component 6 1/2 Alpine Type R's
-Custom Audio and usb charging port

Note: I have an audio hum I got AFTER I installed my wideband and only hums when gauge is connected. Grounds are in different areas. I am going to attempt to relocate the remote (on) connection to keep them from sharing the same power on line. Wideband listed below. Thoughts?

Cosmetics

-Custom shift and ebrake boot from RedlineGoods. I thought the color scheme would look good especially if I did the red GS stripes. This will change eventually to blue.

-Ambient Air Temperature in rear view mirror. This mirror was a free upgrade when a tandem axle went through my windshield and they ordered the wrong part and installed it. I had to order the sensor and run the wiring. I found a guide on here (RLF) to help me out

-A-Pillar gauge pod with Wideband and Aeroforce interceptor.

Performance:
-2.9 Pulley m62
-E85
-Custom Tune
-Dual Pass
-Option B
-Magnaflow 2.5 catback
-0ttp Long tubes catted
-AEM Uego Wideband
-Fidanza Flywheel
-GMPP Clutch
-FMHE
-Chain tensioner revision (performance for my chain and my ears haha)
-0TTP axles
-K&N cai
-80# inj
-Hurst sts
-Phenolic Spacer
-Viper Security with SmartStart

I am sure I am missing things but I will add them as I remember.

Mods to come:**UPDATED 2/22/13**

-Ethanasia Ported head (currently being worked on)
-S2 SC ZZP Cams (Ready)
-ARP Studs (Ready)
-Supertech Springs (Ready)
-Single Pass IM (Friend is giving me a IM and I am taking it to a machine shop with specs)
-Hoosier D.O.T. Drag Radial P245/45R17 (Ordered)
-Enkei EDR9-5x110 +38 17X8 (Ordered)
-2.7 & 2.5 Pulleys (Ordered)
-Ice Box (Water to Air Ice Box Reservoir)with some modification to the engine bay, I think I can fit this where the option B goes. ports would likely run though the front support (not sure the proper name). Thoughts are welcome

Unsure

- Balance Shaft Delete: this is more of a when not if
- Dual pump This is just a thought and I am considering running this as a test. I heard of someone talking about trying this but I am not sure they did and I think they were talking about a dual pass design as well. Each pump would have it's own path from the icebox, through the pumps, through the single pass until the heat exchanger. If I understand it right, rate of flow would increase through the intercooler from the y or t pipe into the intercooler all the way back to the reservoir/icebox. The restriction will be where the pipes y but it should increase flow. Thoughts?

Again, thoughts are welcome on all mods or future mods :) I will update later with things I forgotwhen I get back from work

See less See more
#34 ·
So heli-coil a heli-coil. Problem solved :D

#37 ·
Yes I do. I honestly feel that my head was severely holding me back.

#39 ·
I would absolutely not run a 2.6 or lower without meth. Guess I shoulda clarified that.
And also not without a fresh set of bearings all around, zzp coupler, and synthetic 0w-30 oil.

#41 ·
Both. And I'm also toying with the idea of an oil cooler with extra capacity for the snout for what I have planned... Contacted a place about high speed needle and snout bearings as well. And I'm gonna need a good amount of meth.

#43 ·
Bearing life is the concern. I've seen the venom coolers. It's not a bad idea. No way I would ever pay that much for it though. Good thing I'm a machinist/fabricator :D

#45 ·
I have a spare set in my trunk right now lol

#48 ·
Yikes.....

#50 ·
I have a 2.5" and an ATI on order.....

#56 ·
Just keep stock axles and keep breaking those. I made the mistake of buying upgrade axles without doing rotated mounts and broke 2 trans.

I will glady break axles over and over again now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.