Sti, Evo, ME - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Kills Section

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Sti, Evo, ME

what are the odds I roll up to a light with these two insitgating eachother. Its a long light 3 lanes obviously. They are yelling back and forth playin with thier BOVS. I pull up and let them hear the supercharger and at that time they are both silent. I watch the turn signal like a hawk and ready myself. At this point theres so much adrenaline I can hardly see straight. Light changes and off we go. Before we are through the intersection I have the Lead by one on the STI and half on the EVO. Soo soon it all changes the 2nd gear hits and half way though the EVO is next and gaining like a mofo and the STI is making his way up. 3rd gear the evo is right in front and the STI is next to me. half way thorugh 3rd they are walking away. I love every second of it. Son of a bitch we catch the next light. The EVO driver in his 30s Id guess is asking all about my car. I love the evo and he loves the ION now. The STI driver not a word. Hes looking straight ahead avoiding all conact what so ever. Lights about to change this time the EVO prespools. The STI quiet. Light changes and the EVO is gone the STI once again behind me till 50 or so. Got beat both times in the long but the first gears I had him. The EVO on the second race was insane just gone he had me by 3 before frigin 50mph.
"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world"

goofyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Superd00d

Anyone watching that race would be stone silent to watch a Saturn run with an Evo and an STi for any length of time! Good run! You'll get them next time after you get more dumped into yo ride!

Sp00n's HP Tuned GM Stage 2, K&N CAI, SFPH 2.8" Pulley, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, B&M Shifter, GMPP Clutch, Eibach Drop, Stillen Rotors, ZZP Stage1 Axles, URC-Subframe, TqForward Strut Bars.

260whp 225wtq
1/4 - 14.0 @ 103.7

Red Red Line Club #001
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Seems strange that you would get the jump, but reflexes do count for a lot. And I have to say...nothing could top the feeling of winning a race in a Saturn...except mabye seeing the guy in the other car crying about it later.
BadCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

you must launch really good to beable to get those two
wanna teach me how?
jgb989989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCompany
Seems strange that you would get the jump, but reflexes do count for a lot. And I have to say...nothing could top the feeling of winning a race in a Saturn...except mabye seeing the guy in the other car crying about it later.

GOD.....that is soooo true!!!!! I am suprised as well at the response from the STi. Stock WRX I could see (I almost bought the STi), but an STi, I am impressed, and wishing I could have seen it!!
rip_vw32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

sounds like fun! hopefully somebody saw it and is now spreading some rumor about the fastest saturn they've ever seen!
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."

Rear Admiral J. Stark, U.S. Navy

Torque Braces
Vita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Superd00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb989989
wanna teach me how?
Magic! Pure Magic!
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

evo and STI guys prob didn't want to launch hard or didn't know how to. but good job keeping up
korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Good run, I think someone in this forum mentioned that AWD cars are sometimes a tad bit difficult to launch esp since the turbos take a bit to get spooled up. I'm sure there are those unimaginative idiots that will doubt your run based on all the magazine articles out there. Good run nonetheless
TXRLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb989989
wanna teach me how?
I find the flat out coolest thing in the RL is a good start. Sitting at the onramp (Minnesota has these crazy friggin' traffice lights at onramp/offramps turned on during rush hour) waiting for the light to change. Got a sweet start in first, and a little scratch in second. Man, was doing highway speed in nothing. Just get the feeling of the clutch and the gas. Feel the force Luke!

-SpikemanRL
SpikemanII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement