Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

2006 RL vs 2006 SI vs 2007 SPEC-V

5K views 56 replies 19 participants last post by  04Redline0124 
#1 ·
all three of us ran em on the expressway last night. The SI belongs to a friend of mines, its got a fujita intake, other than that its stock. The guy who owned the new spec v <very ugly exterior, but nice interior> admitted to being stock. We met em at a local hangout. from a 60 roll i beat both of them, but surprisingly the spec v destroyed my friends si by 2-3 cars! sounds great at wot too! there vvt sounds much more pronounced then the last gen spec v. from a dig i couldnt catch the spec v till i hit mid 2nd gear. there tranny must be geared fast like the last gen. nice car man.....

#3 ·
those cars are slow. not a good brag.

i still gots mad gay love fer ya though dasheeky

#5 ·
Ahriman said:
those cars are slow. not a good brag.

i still gots mad gay love fer ya though dasheeky
yeah i know, but i was surprised to see that spec v pull so hard on a si! i luv u 2!!!!!! u going to GA to that nopi event? bring the butter, ill bring the pop tarts!

#8 ·
BLOWN ION said:
didn't realize the new Spec-V's were out yet. 'Alright' kills, we would have disowned you if you lost though..
i also raced a 360whp srt4 too. havent gotten spanked like that in a while lol. that dude beat me by 7 busses lol

#9 · (Edited)
sheek360 said:
yeah i know, but i was surprised to see that spec v pull so hard on a si! i luv u 2!!!!!! u going to GA to that nopi event? bring the butter, ill bring the pop tarts!
Well, that makes too of us. :D. The SI guy can't drive. Now if it were me.... there would have only been 1 car length.. Lol.

I drove a non reflashed Si yesterday. I can now see the difference. That mid range loss of what minimal torque the car has and the lack of Hp kills it. Tell your buddy to send his ECU to Hondata. Even if he's loosing, it still feels like more fun than stock. And if he has the fujita SRI, well. Sorry.

#11 ·
Just not big on the Spec-V's never have liked em....i would have never thought it could pull an sti...hmmm Those Nizmo fuckers..lol

#15 ·
RUN said:
buddie's 04 spec v has the new SI's no problem with CAI and catback.
im willing to bet money that he ran into an si driver who couldnt drive.

gixxer, the new sentras are ugly imo bro...... but it does look less cheap then the last gen

#16 ·
the new spec v weighs 400lbs more :(

#18 ·
more hp, more weight, probably shorter gearing to help compensate as well.

#20 · (Edited)
sheek360 said:
/\ no way dawn. in the si drivers defense, he's a great driver. iv known em for a while.
That's it, I'm coming down there. Lol. Call it denial. :D

Edit: Oh, I re-read it again. He's stock except for the intake. Okay. I can see him getting his keister handed to him. Mid range sucks on them. Tell him to get the reflash and and maybe he won't loose by too much.

#21 ·
nothing beats the VVAATACCKKK!!!!

#23 ·
my VAATACK beats your VAATACK!

#26 ·
06CompRedline said:
You cant hate on the V-tec, i bet 90 percent of the RL owners started out with a honda. I know I did and still have it and love mine.

I love my car to the point of obsession. As a proud Vtecing honda owner and fan of the IRL, it's nice to see one of you admit to that. ;) You've got my vote should you ever need it for anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.