Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

06 E85 ION Redline vs 09 GMS1 Cobalt SS/TC

42K views 211 replies 27 participants last post by  stealthy1ss 
#1 ·
My First kill video...I hope I made it worth while.

GMRedline v SS_carnatic

ION Redline

Custom Tube Inc Exhaust
Siemens 80# Fuel Injectors
E85
M62 w/ Ported outlet/Polished inlet
2.6" Pulley
HPTuners Custom Tune
Innovative Motorsports Wideband Sensor
Limited Slip Differential
Exedy Hyper Single Stage 3 Clutch
B&M Short Throw Shifter
K&N Drop In Filter
ZZP S3 Heat Exchanger
ZZP Dual Pass Endplate
GM Option B Kit

Cobalt SS/TC
GM Stage 1
Hahn 3" Cat-back
K&N Drop in Filter

You got to love LNF owners. I told him my mods before we raced including E85 and a 2.6" pulley. All he said was "Smaller pulley huh?" Yup...

I will let him speak for himself but he seemed VERY confident that his "turbo" was going to wax the floor with my RL. Even making jokes that if I tried to drive away with out paying for the exhaust I was buying from him that he would "chase me down".

I honestly thought I was going to loose. There is a dyno sheet on CSS of a GM Stage 1 Cobalt putting down 321whp, 335wtq. Obviously I am not that high but it had me scared. But it was worth a try.

Enjoy!

Oh yeah....

LSJ > LNF!

See less See more
#6 ·
haha good kill. E85 FTW. But in his defense look at the mod list differences.
Someone always has to rain on my parade... jk

It is amazing what those cars do on the stock turbo with just a tune.
True. Like I said. I expected to lose and he expected to win. I am glad it went the other way. he he

I don't think any LSJ with the M62 as a power adder has ever beating a mod'd SS/TC. And I am still on the stock long block.

#11 · (Edited)
gm a vtech would rape you like a red head under age little girl. LOL. I love my lsj I wouldnt change it for anything such a wonderfully crafted engine.

#15 ·
Yeah there vagina hurts lol.

#17 ·
Sweet kill, and you put that video together nicely! Wish I had E85 around here...

#20 · (Edited)
gm, were cool and all but u shift like my grandmother. slam that gear and put busses on him... good race... gotta love e 85

p.s. at least u finally 3 honked. unlike someone on this site....rofl. j/k...

#26 ·
I'm happpy to see this outcome, I races a gmS1 and a catless down pipe, I have a mildy ported head and a 2.8 with cia header and 3" exhaust. With e85 he put 1 car on me, I think either a more aggressive port ( which i currently do on heads i port now) and/or a 2.6 It'd be different. What was your hp o that 2.6 I forget

#33 ·
What was your hp o that 2.6 I forget
I don't have a true run on the 2.6". I went to a dyno day but then only let me run one tune. Normally I can flash on different tunes between my runs.

So I tried a new timing table and a richer AFR and it did not work. I did 279/265. Which is fail because I did 285/265 on a 2.7" last year.

I have a new timing and a my AFR is 11.8. The car feels much stronger. I will be going to the dyno shortly.

#34 ·
I had a guy that told me to just go one time in my eclipse and by the time he knew what happened I was two football fields out on him lol. Of course the next run I told him to just go and the same thing happened again lol.

#35 ·
Yeah.

I want to make sure everyone knows that the SS/TC owner was not be arrogant or cocky. He was just confident that he was going to win.

We have been texting each other about the thread on CSS. Its pretty funny!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.