Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2RLs take an S2k from a stop

4K views 63 replies 11 participants last post by  Sp00ner 
#1 ·
Me and Tibs went hunting tonight, I still have my heavy rims and 80mph all seasons on, we FINIALLY found an S2k instead of like 5 cops....:rolleyes:
I reved to let him know, I wasn't sure if he was going to go but Tibs heard him reving, I got a horrable launch so he had a fender on me from the gate but onch I hooked up in second I just keep gaining, then he had to shift and it was over for him. The worst part was trying to keep Tibs from running me over....when we quit Tibs had just put his fender to the S2ks rear fender right on my ass and if it wasn't for the red light we would have both been there. We palyed a little from a roll, we still walked away. It was stock but he thought it was awesome that two saturns could beat him, really nice guy.
I didn't walk away but I have my cateras on and a shit load of stuff in the trunk so I am sure I could have pulled a lot harder on him had I had the proper running shoes on. Gotta love doing over 120 on tires rated for 80, I'm sure that was safe....

#7 ·
good kill guys. how did you have a bad start with all your new goodies?

#8 ·
rice eater said:
good kill guys. how did you have a bad start with all your new goodies?
my bet is probably the tires are what killed him completely ;)

#9 ·
ender said:
Me and Tibs went hunting tonight, I still have my heavy rims and 80mph all seasons on, we FINIALLY found an S2k instead of like 5 cops....:rolleyes:
I reved to let him know, I wasn't sure if he was going to go but Tibs heard him reving, I got a horrable launch so he had a fender on me from the gate but onch I hooked up in second I just keep gaining, then he had to shift and it was over for him. The worst part was trying to keep Tibs from running me over....when we quit Tibs had just put his fender to the S2ks rear fender right on my ass and if it wasn't for the red light we would have both been there. We palyed a little from a roll, we still walked away. It was stock but he thought it was awesome that two saturns could beat him, really nice guy.
I didn't walk away but I have my cateras on and a shit load of stuff in the trunk so I am sure I could have pulled a lot harder on him had I had the proper running shoes on. Gotta love doing over 120 on tires rated for 80, I'm sure that was safe....

Did this happen here in Indy?
If you happen upon a white/blue Viper on the Southside, watch out. It belongs to a buddy and it is definitely nasty.....11.3 on a bad day at IRP. I thought I could give him a run in my Goat (gone in 8 days), but I was SADLY mistaken:eek:

#11 ·
Raskolnikov said:
Did this happen here in Indy?
If you happen upon a white/blue Viper on the Southside, watch out. It belongs to a buddy and it is definitely nasty.....11.3 on a bad day at IRP. I thought I could give him a run in my Goat, but I was SADLY mistaken:eek:
Off the public streets of course...it was in Noblesville..

#12 ·
well I have a hookup on those. but first you have to go through the punishment of riding with me in the twisties. spooner did just ask him.

#13 ·
rice eater said:
well I have a hookup on those. but first you have to go through the punishment of riding with me in the twisties. spooner did just ask him.
Thankfully, there was another car impede his progress. I'm the most paranoid passenger in the world. Boy does that thing stay glued though.

#14 ·
Hell I'll ride with you..can't be any worse than riding with my buddy David in his GT2 when he decided to see if it would really bury the speedo..and then promptly doing a 'handling test' after we just finished building the damned thing a few years ago. Atleast he was nice enough to provide lunch...RIGHT before he did this to me.

#16 ·
red00gsr said:
nice kill. What is it open hunting season on s2ks around here? How about soom boosted hondas next. FI vs all motor is fun. But FI saturn vs FI honda would be better:D
I've run into one turboed Civic and got him very solidly. Not destroyed, but a good solid kill.

Theres a red Integra around here with a turbo, I think. I see him on the highway a few times a month. (where are you from?)

Theres also a turbo-Prelude, that runs around near my house. He's always hunting me, and vice-versa. So far, no runs with either.

#18 ·
I ran a boosted CRX not too long ago and was pulling on him, not super hard, but was pulling.. A buddy of mine is building a boosted CRX..

Ender and I tracked down what we thought was an SRT4...unfortunately it was a SRT by design Neon..the poor kid freaked out when two loud Saturns came ripping into the gas station..I stared at it for a second, then threw it in reverse, and ripped back out..Ender sat there and was like "Hey...." and then took off...

#19 ·
red00gsr said:
I am from delaware, but mostly up in southern new jersey during the week since i work at bmw over there. What kind of civic. D series?
I have no idea, I couldn't even begin to know what kind it was. The only downside to not liking a car brand. There were no emblems or anything on the car. There was a neat blow off sound, it COULD have been N20. Was one of those quick runs, they came up to my windows afterwards, and starting yelling questions to me about the car at like 80mph. It was 4dr, tannish, and was NOT one of the newer models.

#22 ·
Yeah i can see from a stop with idiots driving. But aslong as they can shift decent it shouldnt be a problem from a roll. I know i spin to about 60mph and then when i hit boost in third they will break too. I need to get radials. How are the traction in the rl?

#23 ·
From a roll I don't have a traction problem..takeoff so long as I don't stomp it I have pretty good traction..take off and don't completely floor it in 1st and then stomp it in second..a bit of a chirp and off it goes.

#25 ·
Not really..it's all in the launch. If you're stupid and mash it right away you're either going to get a TON of wheel hop or wheel spin.. I've, when playing around, spun it all the way through 3rd... The new motor mounts help a hell of alot cutting out alot of the wheel hop so now pretty much you'll either get a tad bit of wheel hop or just spin..

After the braces it should just spin..

#26 ·
Yeah thast how the acura is. I rather have wheel spin then hop. Hop is how stuff brakes. But it just sucks spining to 60 then when u think its done and then i reach full boost the break loose again. LOL not fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.