Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

I gotta stop...

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  mattyfinch 
#1 · (Edited)
...buying shit for my car. Supercharger came in today - ordered the machined snout from Intense. Brake pads came in just now - gotta order the GMPP rotors. Calling Steig tomorrow about port/rebuild of the S/C and I've got a CM FX300 clutch that's waiting to be installed (another $550!).

Right there - My baby is draining me for about $1900...:eek:

NOT to mention the HP Tuners ($650 + 8 credits $400) and the dyno/track time that's going to follow! :freak5:

Man, I LOVE this car...but my BANK account HATES it! :ack:

:thinkerg:
I think I'm done with modding after everything in this post is installed...I've got tuning/60#ers & 2.9/2.7 to keep me busy, and the track time. That should pull me through the end of the year, right? :shrug03: :rolleyes:

#3 ·
I hear ya! I of course have not invested as much as you but my car takes most, if not all my extra money. (Don't tell my wife) It's an addiction, you think you can stop, BUT YOU CAN"T!!!!

#4 ·
Yes mgm... stop... allow the red ones to continue the world domination! Muahahahahahahahahahaha! :rocket:

#8 ·
mgm1979 said:
yeah, you're LOVING this, huh? worried?
:eek:rangehat

Hell ya! Look at the list of crap you just ordered! I'm slacking!

I've got to get the 60's still, and a 2.5/6 for the drag strip.

Need to get the Cobra exchanger, the DEI setup...

Etc.... etc... etc...

#9 ·
Sp00ner said:
Hell ya! Look at the list of crap you just ordered! I'm slacking!

I've got to get the 60's still, and a 2.5/6 for the drag strip.

Need to get the Cobra exchanger, the DEI setup...

Etc.... etc... etc...

Oh yeah, forgot about the Ice Box, Solid Mounts, Cobra HE..geez - just put me over $2k!

Seriously...I gotta finish these projects, and then give it a rest to tune it all in. THAT's my NEW goal for the Fall - TUNING!!!

Tomorrow I got the follow-up dyno runs (WITH SuperCooler and HE) so that will be a GOOD baseline to use for tuning...

#10 ·
Race Related there on the same street as Sunshine Raceway does dyno tuning for 400... i think. Im not completely sure but i think thats what he told me. Im going in once i have some 60 pounders. On of the fellas that works there drives an SS.

#12 ·
Dyno Tuning is a possibility, but if I go dormant on mod-purchasing (like I plan) than I'm hoping to learn what I need to learn to get it all straight. There's A LOT of resources on these forums and elsewhere that COULD have me where I want to me by the end of the year, without dropping the cash!

And, as far as the 15 - slut - drive mod aside, we all know what 100mph trap speed is good for. WITH driver mod, your ass is grass...

#14 ·
Juggernaut said:
Race Related there on the same street as Sunshine Raceway does dyno tuning for 400... i think. Im not completely sure but i think thats what he told me. Im going in once i have some 60 pounders. On of the fellas that works there drives an SS.
yeah I am headed there next month for my tune. It's going to be sick!

#15 ·
mgm1979 said:
...buying shit for my car. Supercharger came in today - ordered the machined snout from Intense. Brake pads came in just now - gotta order the GMPP rotors. Calling Steig tomorrow about port/rebuild of the S/C and I've got a CM FX300 clutch that's waiting to be installed (another $550!).

Right there - My baby is draining me for about $1900...:eek:

NOT to mention the HP Tuners ($650 + 8 credits $400) and the dyno/track time that's going to follow! :freak5:

Man, I LOVE this car...but my BANK account HATES it! :ack:

:thinkerg:
I think I'm done with modding after everything in this post is installed...I've got tuning/60#ers & 2.9/2.7 to keep me busy, and the track time. That should pull me through the end of the year, right? :shrug03: :rolleyes:
matt hmmm i bought the machined snout today as well. :D

#16 ·
I have spent a little over 600 on my car and I feel like I have spent WAY too much! :eek:

You guys are rich!!! Oh wait no... I spent all my money on classes... Give me four more years though... then its Z06 time! :D

But yeah… those are a lot of mods real fast man… and hey I got you on the $30 so it is all good my friend :)

Take it easy

Jack

#20 ·
JackD said:
I have spent a little over 600 on my car and I feel like I have spent WAY too much! :eek:

You guys are rich!!! Oh wait no... I spent all my money on classes... Give me four more years though... then its Z06 time! :D

But yeah… those are a lot of mods real fast man… and hey I got you on the $30 so it is all good my friend :)

Take it easy

Jack
I'm 21...in engineering school...student loans are for all associated schooling costs...I consider me moding my car an associated cost...atleast its not drugs...or all beer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.