Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Louder/cheap exhaust setup????

9K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  Bratboy90 
#1 ·
I'm just wanting to make my exhaust louder but not obnoxious (yes i'm an 18 year old that wants a somewhat loud exhaust to show off!). Any ideas??? I was just thinking of getting like a new muffler and exhaust tip but how much louder could you make the stock the exhaust by putting on those two things?

#2 ·
I'm going to recommend that you leave the exhaust alone, at least from the cat-back. The stock muffler sounds best & if flow is a concern, just do the CTI over-the-axle piece to get it all to 2.5". GM did a pretty good job with our car so a lot of "performance" parts do little, if anything, to help. I got a Magnaflow cat-back & miss the factory exhaust sound. I don't really like the Magnaflow but it's prob one of the quieter options.

I just don't want to see you waste money that could be better spent on stuff that'll help like a stage kit, cooling mods, etc.

#14 ·
I'm going to recommend that you leave the exhaust alone, at least from the cat-back. The stock muffler sounds best & if flow is a concern, just do the CTI over-the-axle piece to get it all to 2.5".
I say the same myself. The stock exhaust may not be all that loud, but at least it doesn't sound like garbage. I have yet to hear a single catback exhuast or muffler add on with a LSJ that doesn't sound like crap IMO, reason why I'm not going to touch mine

#8 ·
#4 ·
I don't know how much more "deep & throaty" you can get with a 4-banger. Not sure how a header would sound with the factory cat-back. A cat-less downpipe would make it louder but most don't like the sound/loudness of going cat-less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.