Armcclure's Build Thread - Page 29 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Performance Modifications

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline View Post
I don't want to be an *ss but you have absolutely no proof to back your claims. Laminova cores are extremely efficient at dissipating heat from air. If there is anything wrong with the concept it would be the design of the IM as Alan indicated.

The magazine wrote that article based off the opinion of the people working on the project. They never put that theory through any sort of scientific tests. A member on here named Steven Fit tuned the engine in the Hot Rod Magazine article you are referring to. It was a running a stock 4 pass endplate...

I don't think anyone is against the idea. The real question is wether or not it is worth the time. Will the gains be worth the cost?

This is all about perspective. John and Alan have different perspectives on this topic.

John is a business man and knows it would not be profitable for his company to spend the time and money to research, design and market an aftermarket IM for the LSJ. The final cost "could" (I am making that up) end up being $600 and the increase cooling ability might be 10%. Only a very small handful of people will be willing to shell the money for the product.

Alan (or Euthanasia) is a do-it-yourselfer. They have the access to tools and resources that cost them very little money. So for them to make a "one off" custom IM to see if it is better then the stocker then that is fine.

I can see both points of views.
I didn't tune the engine in the article... I did tune a methed MP90 on my own car though.
Steven Flit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #282 (permalink)

just to be clear, are you saying air to air is superior to air to water for turbo setups?
slitterell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #283 (permalink)

air to air is not superior
mrbelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #284 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitterell View Post
just to be clear, are you saying air to air is superior to air to water for turbo setups?
Kinda, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
air to air is not superior
Right.
The intake temps on centri and turbo setups are so low though that they can get great results with an air/air setup. It's cheaper and easier to plumb.

The redline with a zzp 256et kit I tuned on 18psi a couple weeks ago would actually drop iat2 over a 3rd gear pull.

As for the air/air mod flit did... Who made that? Seriously? I saw the pics. I don't k ow how anyone could have expected a gain out of that thing.

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #285 (permalink)

euthanasia made it; simple box with a divider in/out and a football field of piping

was an attempt made to quiet the masses

Last edited by Steven Flit; 11-27-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Steven Flit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #286 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Flit View Post
I didn't tune the engine in the article... I did tune a methed MP90 on my own car though.
WTF? I thought you did damit! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #287 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Flit View Post
euthanasia made it; simple box with a divider in/out and a football field of piping

was an attempt made to quiet the masses
I'm aware of that. Wasn't knocking you. He is capable of much better work than that thing.

As for hnb earlier post where some guy said the air doesn't care about turns because its under pressure... Horse shit. No matter what pressure the air is at its still ruled by fluid (flow) dynamics.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #288 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Quote:
Originally Posted by armcclure View Post
As for hnb earlier post where some guy said the air doesn't care about turns because its under pressure... Horse shit. No matter what pressure the air is at its still ruled by fluid (flow) dynamics.

Quote:
And Eric that will be available next Tuesday night.
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #289 (permalink)

Quote:
Kinda, but

Right.
The intake temps on centri and turbo setups are so low though that they can get great results with an air/air setup. It's cheaper and easier to plumb.

The redline with a zzp 256et kit I tuned on 18psi a couple weeks ago would actually drop iat2 over a 3rd gear pull.

As for the air/air mod flit did... Who made that? Seriously? I saw the pics. I don't k ow how anyone could have expected a gain out of that thing.
Just making sure. I I have read plenty of articles saying otherwise haha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
slitterell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #290 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline View Post

I'm stuck in Missouri till at least next Tuesday. Realistically probably Thursday or Friday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement