Tbandits Build Thread 2.0 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Performance Modifications

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tbandits Build Thread 2.0

Well i decided to just start a new thread since i made my old one forever ago and i wanted to have everything clear and up to date. i wasnt gunna have the build done until next year since i keep having things come up in my life but about a month ago i blew a spark plug out of my number 3 cylinder so since the car went down i figured fuck it just get it done now lol. heres a little video my friend made after the plug blew out lol. was racing my buddys cobalt from a 60 roll got to slam it in 4th and pop bam cel starts flashing and i face palmed.

so since this happened and since its getting cold and i cant keep driving my motorcycle i couldnt have my car down so the build was moved up to now lol. many of you may now i got my hands on a fully built jbp bottom end for dirt fucking cheap(3500 dollar bottom end for 250 bucks). ive been buying parts for the past week and most of them have come in so i figured i would let yall know whats going on. Onto the pics of everything i have so far.

ZZP midlength header

ZZP catless downpipe

ARP head studs

Supertech 75# Valve springs and Titanium retainers

Lnf clutch

LS4 throttle body and spacer

Wet nitrous kit with 25,50,100 & 125 jets. just need nitrous & fuel solenoids

all the parts together cause it makes my D I C K hard lol

the built bottom end from jbp.

parts list for the bottom end includes
- JBP/Wiseco Forged Aluminum Piston Kit(Stock 9:1 compression Bored 0.040)
- Total Seal Gapless Piston Ring Kit
- Wiseco Thick Walled Piston Pins
- Wiseco Spirolox
- JBP Sportsman Connecting Rods w/ARP Rod Bolts
- GMPP Neutral Balance Shafts
- GM Production Main Bearings
- GM Production Connecting Rod Bearings
- GM Production Engine Gasket Set
- GM Production Conversion Set
- JBP Strengthened Crankshaft

im taking my head off and sending it to the machine shop over the weekend to have the valve springs installed and to have it P&P'd and and valve job done and the spark plug threads fixed of course lol. Still have some parts in the mail like new head gasket, LNF TOB, header gasket, and phenolic intake spacer. once the head gets done will be installing everything but i might wait on the nitrous kit as i would prefer to wait to spray until next year since i will still be running e85 and dont wanna deal with tuning for nitrous and e85 during the cold weather. plan on staying with the stock m62 for now but whos knows what will happen year. I was hoping to get zzp s2 cams for this build as well but i just diddnt have the funds so i will just wait till black friday sale and hopefully get them for dirt cheap. im hoping for anything over 310-320whp without cams and around 350whp when i buy the cams. then ill use the nitrous shot to get me to 400-425whp which is my final goal. thanks for reading and i will have some more pics and some videos posted in the next few weeks as things progress. will have some dyno graphs posted when i have everthing installed.
2006 Ion Redline: 80# injectors, tuned on e85, k&n cai,Ca V2 shorty header, magna flow catback to borla xr1 muffler,zzp catted downpipe,bwoody rear sway bar,zzp heat exchanger,custom option b, 2.8 smooth flow pulley, ingalls torque damper,quaffe lsd, Power stop evolution ceramic pads, Power stop Kinetic drilled and slotted rotors.

tbandit420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Very Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Eric what do you think i can get out of this and when i put the motor in would you help me and my friend tune it since its got a tune from you on it now lol. just help me dial it in after the new parts.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Professor

Subbed for sure. Good luck man. Let me know if you have questions.
Tennpenn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbandit420 View Post
Eric what do you think i can get out of this and when i put the motor in would you help me and my friend tune it since its got a tune from you on it now lol. just help me dial it in after the new parts.
What does the rest of your cat-back look like?

Running forged engine components is not going to automatically mean you are going to make more HP. So your big gains are going to come from the NBS, ported head. But I think your estimates are right on track besides your numbers associated with cams.

I don't see you having any problems reaching 310whp without cams.

Honestly, I STILL have not seen any before and after dyno results of ZZP S2 cams. I think there are better ways to spend your money. Personally, if I were you I skip cams and go right to a TVS. With a RSFS you will easily settle into the 350-360whp range which will make for a mean ass car.

You need to find out to which RPM the rotating assembly was balanced to in the block. If it was done, there is no reason why the block can not hold all the power you want to throw at it. Including a big shot of nitrous.

And I will help out with tuning where I can.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Eric your always a huge help.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

the block was balanced with the gmpp nbs and ill get my hands on all the paper work from the motor and look it over to see if its listed what rpm its balanced to.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
F_ck Bates

strengthened crank shaft? whats that about? whats the final bore size? 90mm like me?

07 Recaro Swap Member #4
In the best interest of RLF, thanks for un-banning Qwikredline
philzoot007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

87mm I think.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
F_ck Bates

If ur going to be spraying. Look ontoba progressive controller for the shot. Helps with traction and engineshock when u spray.
philzoot007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement