Won't go over 10-12PSI after ZZP stage 3 - Page 2 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Performance Modifications

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
it may not be mechanical the boosbypass solenoid could be bad(it is powered closed and depowered open and that oring dose go bad) you dont want the max spring pressure on the bypass actuator because the boost pressure may not be enough to open the actuator if it gets commanded to open by the pcm for excessive iat2 that is why it has an adjustemnt screw to set the spring pressure and zzp does make tuning mistakes
That's still mechanical if its not in the tune
And the valve is opened by boost only when in boost. Other times its
Vac operated. It wold never open at idle or cruise if it was solely boost powered.
But yes, if the spring is too high and you don't have enough vac (bad hose, leak) it could remain closed. I have had no issues with mine though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Hmm.. I suppose I could test the solenoid. How dangerous is it to leave to bypass mod in place during my daily commute?

-Brian
It's fine just don't go banging the limiter. Gas mileage may suffer a little.

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

Awesome, thanks!

-Brian
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #13 (permalink)

if its the soleniod its electrical
mrbelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Oooh you. I hate you.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

I actually experimented with the opposite end of the bypass adjustment issue today. Since I got this car, I've found the throttle at cruise and low throttle openings to be overly touchy or sensitive. Just breathing on the pedal was all it took to start making boost. The cruise control even had a difficult time not feeling like it was surging and overcompensating for small undulations in the road. I figured it was inherent in the supercharged 2.0L engine and the fairly large (for a 2.0L) throttlebody. After reading this thread, it got me thinking about the preload tension on the actuator and how this would effect the amount of vacuum required to keep it open. It seemed like a really quick experiment to try, so this AM I backed it away on the slots, and is it ever different! I feel its much smoother to drive at low TP and transition to boost is much less abrupt... and the cruise is far more seemless. I expect my MPG will improve as well.
Papa C 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement