ZZP LT Collector Symmetry Question w/photo - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

ZZP LT Collector Symmetry Question w/photo

I just opened my new ZZP LT that I bought as my Christmas present. While, I'm admittedly no expert, the symmetry of the collector bothers me. I've looked at other pictures for reference and this one seems way off. Please let me know if this is an issue or not before I install it. Thanks!

2006 Ion Red Line- 270whp/242wtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 12:36 PM

It should be fine. If one of them were actually bent in and restricted the air flow then it would be something that may change the performance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Okay, I just wanted to make sure because it didn't look much better than the $150 Bad Mab header and I thought it should for the price difference.

Bad Mab header received in the mail . . .

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

It will be fine. The 0TTP LT header is better designed at this point because they have a true collector funnel installed between the four ports.

But I think the ZZP LT is better in the sense that it has matched the primaries to the firing order of the engine to the collector.

The LSJ firing order is 1, 3, 4, 2. So the exhaust pulses are hitting the collector in a circular pattern which is supposed to decrease turbulance and improve scalavaging as it "spins" or creates a tornado effect into the rest of the exhaust system.

06 Silver RL |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Quote:
broken shit Is par for mcclure
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline View Post
It will be fine. The 0TTP LT header is better designed at this point because they have a true collector funnel installed between the four ports.

But I think the ZZP LT is better in the sense that it has matched the primaries to the firing order of the engine to the collector.

The LSJ firing order is 1, 3, 4, 2. So the exhaust pulses are hitting the collector in a circular pattern which is supposed to decrease turbulance and improve scalavaging as it "spins" or creates a tornado effect into the rest of the exhaust system.

Why does this picture look like it could be on the turbonator (Now the "Vortec Cyclone") website

Vortec Cyclone - Save Gas, Boost Horsepower

Edit: I suppose I should probably add that this post is dripping with sarcasm.

E85, 80# Injectors, 2.7" Billetflow pulley, extrude honed header, Dual Torque Braces, poly mounts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, GMRedline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline View Post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.