new ecotec shop

10K views 95 replies 19 participants last post by  mrbelvedere 
#1 ·
FMSR

lets see how long they last

#36 ·
Sure if you're goin over 800hp

#40 ·
your high zzp has the coolant holes drilled around the cylinders they don't and if you look their girdle is way to close to the 4 outside bolt holes zzp stays farther away from them then if you look at the back of the block fmsr removed coolant passages zzp dident zzp still has the better block

I doubt this shop will make it their prices are way to high and they haven't proved shit

#42 ·
it would be nice to see more options but when they are jumping in with way out of the universe prices they have without proving their products they are more then likely going to fail look at how long it took zzp to get to where they are now with the ecotecs

look at the pics closer

#44 ·
It's easy to go through the site and nit pick every product. It's easy to see that a lot of work went into building that site. I give them credit for the effort.

I guess If I was trying to sell competing products I would bash them too? As a consumer I wish them the best.

#45 ·
well first off the site is very unprofessional (The FMSR Performance Stage 5 head is a Fu-kin Monster aluminum cylinder head, specifically for Crazy Ass Hi boost) a lot of probably did go into their site and due to the fact that better cheaper choices are out there that will be their undoing and and if your referring to me trying to compete with them your way off base I have no need want or desire to compete with anyone this is my hobby did you end up selling your redline

#52 · (Edited)
i got a 2.6 and 2.7 sitting here if u wanna borrow them. man up and use a progressive controller and run a 2.6 and 50+ shot. ramp that nitrous up at a decent rate and watch that tq curve...... u will be in love.

#53 ·
Tq curve? What curve? You mean the constant uphill slope?

#58 ·
Word on Facebook is they're selling some stuff... Doesn't seem like much though. Just some springs and odds and ends.

#61 ·
Ughhh dammit you guys! I don't even remember posting half of that crap!

#71 ·
Because by the time you invest enough time and money into fitting an LS series V8 and blower/turbo that is capable of holding 1000 whp consistently and reliably, plus the custom mounting, transmission and supposed (read - you'd be a fool not to try - ) rear-wheel drive (and all the custom work involved in such a swap...), you'd run far past the $10k you cited. Plus, you'd likely have more problems and headaches making it work out the way you wanted to. Ask the people that have already done this to the Redline/Cobalt.

Besides, where do you get $10k for a 600 whp Ecotec?

Girdled block - ZZP for around $1000-1500
Pistons - Diamond/Wiseco for around $700
Rods - ZZP/Eagle for $250-500
ported head - varies but can be had for ~$500
Cams/valvesprings - >$1000

^ This is $4200, and I used the higher numbers. If you did your shopping right, you could come in at half of that. Your most expensive point would be your choice of turbo, and I'm not an expert on turbos so I'll let someone else chime in. Throw in injectors, fuel system, tuning, and whatever else you want and you still come in thousands shy of $10k.

#69 ·
For me, it's because it's a smaller group. There's thousands of sub 12sec ls cars out there. But just a handful of lsj's.

#72 ·
I think he meant a car with an ls2...

Still valid points though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.