new ecotec shop - Page 9 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Performance Modifications

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #81 (permalink)
The Professor
 
Tennpenn83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
I bet for the sake of argument, that Eric the crusader of all thats right in the RL world, has spent more than he paid for his Bueweeek on his RL....

But to Tennpenn's point, I dont think so.
To wit:
shocks springs bars, essential for decent handling Redline, 1000.00
Brembo brakes, essential for any fast redline 1000.00
Tires, essential for any decent handling redline 1000.00
Option B and dual pass, minimum cooling mods 500.00 ( dont talk to me about ZZP's 75.00 part they are out of stock)
TVS, pulleys, belt, injectors, tune 2500.00
headers ,zost, etc $2000.00
am I at 10k yet?
thats not installed.

Oh you need control arms, cabs, strut mounts wheel bearings battery alternator, retros after all the car is 6 years old and has 100,000 miles on it
PS when I was a kid, I used to hate it when my dad would explain things like this , saying I could not afford it. I could not. I did it anyway. Thats why I still drive a redline and not a grosser mercedes lol
While I do respect your point, John, the topic of conversation was purely power. Your argument makes for a well-rounded Redline. Sadly, I have still not spent any money on handling, it's all been in the motor, which can be built as described above for far less than 10k.

And, no, you weren't at 10k yet... Closer to 8k..
Tennpenn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #82 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
qwikredline11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 4,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennpenn83 View Post
While I do respect your point, John, the topic of conversation was purely power. Your argument makes for a well-rounded Redline. Sadly, I have still not spent any money on handling, it's all been in the motor, which can be built as described above for far less than 10k.

And, no, you weren't at 10k yet... Closer to 8k..
Oh for the sake of argument the OP was the new ecotec shop lol.

but purely for power? Oh. How much power? thats the problem. Peanuts gets u 240 (1000) more peanuts gets you 280 ( another 1000) and now its over for peanuts.
__________________
qwikredline11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #83 (permalink)
The Professor
 
Tennpenn83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,820
I would also like to add that a lot of money that I've spent has been more or less wasted on upgrades that were later upgraded, such as fuel injectors. I've had stock, GMS2, 60's, 79's, and now 1000's on the car. Mostly because at the time, I thought that would satisfy what I wanted out of the car, which of course is subject to change. This goes for most of my mods through the years.
Tennpenn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #84 (permalink)
The Professor
 
Tennpenn83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
Oh for the sake of argument the OP was the new ecotec shop lol.

but purely for power? Oh. How much power? thats the problem. Peanuts gets u 240 (1000) more peanuts gets you 280 ( another 1000) and now its over for peanuts.
Well, the current topic as the thread had evolved... You know...
Tennpenn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #85 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
qwikredline11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 4,726
by the way on that FSMR site it lists brake pads. $100 Brembo. Then u select model
LNF + 109.00.
then you select Cobalt LSJ + 97.00
then you select Ion LSJ + 71.00.

huh?
209 for brake pads??? for LNF??
197 for cobalt, and 171 for redline the same pad?
BREMBO brake pads?? for LSJ? I say bs.

My website sucks balls but the products are there, they are real, the pricing is fair and the email/paypal works.
Their website is beautiful, so is Ciphers, but it seems like not a lot of substance and sure are a lot of contradictions.
qwikredline11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #86 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
qwikredline11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 4,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennpenn83 View Post
I would also like to add that a lot of money that I've spent has been more or less wasted on upgrades that were later upgraded, such as fuel injectors. I've had stock, GMS2, 60's, 79's, and now 1000's on the car. Mostly because at the time, I thought that would satisfy what I wanted out of the car, which of course is subject to change. This goes for most of my mods through the years.
thats not wasted. I went stock, 42, and 79 and am still there. You evolved to e85...its different. It doesnt stand still. I may try some new injectors that are on the market with a better multiple spray pattern. But thats not high on the list for right now.
qwikredline11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #87 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 999
Re: new ecotec shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
This is getting silly. A Kappa LS conversion/ upgrade is a crazy amount more than 5,000.00/ ask Autowerkes in Chicago they do them.

anyway. back on topic lol
Not argument there.... Just mentioning a goal of mine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
__________________
'06 Blue IRL
Build Thread
DFWGMElite Member
slitterell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Seebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 118
I'm already over 2k and I haven't even had the car a year yet.

I think its cool to see a new ecotec shop out there, little more competition for the bigger guys. Though I don't really see them having any major success.

Majority of people who buy LSJs are younger people and they don't really have 10k+ to spend on there car. Theirs a reason why most the owners throw a stage 2 of some sort on and call it a day.
__________________
Seebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #89 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
 
GMRedline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,845
There are many different ways to spend money on this platform. To keep costs down, it is good to have a clear goal and only spend your money on necessities.

I personally have taken many different paths and enjoyed the process. It was a great learning process. The only purchases I regret was the money spend on different exhaust setups...I have had a lot of them...

stock exhaust
stock manifold, ZZP cat'd 3" dp, stock cat-back
GMPP exhaust manifold (which turned out to be just a ported stocker), stock cat-back
GMPP manifold, ZZP cat'd 3" dp, Magnaflow 2.5" cat-back for RL
Bad-mab shorty header
ZZP cat-less 3" dp
CTI Mid-Lenth header cat less, Magnaflow 2.5" cat-back
CTI Mid-Lenth Header cat less, CTI 3" cat-back
CTI Mid-Lenth Header cat less, LNF catback
CTI Mid-Lenth Header cat less, LNF catback with SW 24" resonator
Stock ported exhaust manifold, stock dp, stock cat-back
ZZP LT header cat'd, stock cat-back
ZZP LT header cat'd, ZZP 2.5" cat-back for RL
ZZP LT header cat less, ZZP 3" cat-back for RL

Of course those were all built to accommodate different setups.

GMS2
60s, 2.8"
TVS gasoline
TVS E85
M62 E85
ect.

I don't even want to know how much I have spent on just exhaust components...
__________________
06 Silver RL | 329whp/290wtq | Everything you need to know about E-85 | My GMS1 SS/TC Kill | Rules



Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #90 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^
 
ARM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mideast Indiana
Posts: 4,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
Arm, who is building 400 whp on a budget, has,by my guess .spent 3500 already just keeping the darn car running....
I stopped counting...

No one likes seeing a grown man cry
__________________

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High Performance Ecotec Machine Shop/Port Work B-Low187 Buy/Sell Parts 14 07-31-2009 05:11 PM
Car in the shop once again! Ron9919 Problems & Troubleshooting 6 11-25-2006 10:35 PM
Going in the shop... MrCleanY0 ION Redline Discussion 23 05-12-2005 12:49 PM
Redline's Ecotec head vs any other Ecotec linenoyz ION Redline Discussion 3 11-02-2004 02:15 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 AM.



Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2