Nitrous and E85 - Page 3 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Performance Modifications

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
F_ck Bates

on the turbo i will be using a tb spacer. for the tvs set up i used a zzp supercharger spacer.

i started off trying to use these. they fit. u just need a thicker o ring. but it is very very tight with the s/c and the fuel rail parts. something u u can look into. if u want. save ur self the headache of all that hard line direct port shit....

07 Recaro Swap Member #4
In the best interest of RLF, thanks for un-banning Qwikredline
philzoot007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitterell View Post
Here is how it was explained to me. If you have 58 psi fuel rail at 0 psi air intake, you effectively have 58 psi fuel flowing into the runners. If you increase boost to 16 psi, your effective fuel psi is 42. This means at the top end you will be going lean. You can't tune that injector to produce more fuel without changing pills or using g a rrfpr. What it does you do is through I will a large pill and set the regulator lower. So say 42 psi fuel at 0 psi air. By the time you are 16 psi air, the regulator is at 58 psi, making the effective fuel psi 42. Make sense or am I blabbering again?
Next time you talk to those boys at Nitrous Express tell them that the LSJ is supercharged from the factory and our fuel system is already designed to adjust FP based on boost. ZZP does a pretty good job of explaining how the fuel system works on their brfp page.

ZZPerformance - Boost Reference Fuel Pressure System #ZZ-BRFPS

What you are saying is 100% true. But it's not something you need to worry about with your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philzoot007 View Post
on the turbo i will be using a tb spacer. for the tvs set up i used a zzp supercharger spacer.

i started off trying to use these. they fit. u just need a thicker o ring. but it is very very tight with the s/c and the fuel rail parts. something u u can look into. if u want. save ur self the headache of all that hard line direct port shit....

Yeah, I wouldn't be using the tubing. I would want to use stainless steel hoses.

Is that what it looks like? Our injectors plus fuel and N20 go into the top and the bottom into injector port? Where would you get that? Why did you not end up running them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline View Post
Next time you talk to those boys at Nitrous Express tell them that the LSJ is supercharged from the factory and our fuel system is already designed to adjust FP based on boost. ZZP does a pretty good job of explaining how the fuel system works on their brfp page.

ZZPerformance - Boost Reference Fuel Pressure System #ZZ-BRFPS

What you are saying is 100% true. But it's not something you need to worry about with your car.
Ok. That makes sense. I wasn't being explained why we don't but now that I have, it makes sense.

I do appreciate everyone's help.

OH! I almost forgot. I plan on running wider wheels to run wider tires. More rubber on the ground means better tractions. Plus, I would like to get a smaller rim size for drag radials.
slitterell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
F_ck Bates

I didn't use them cause the added height was very tight with the TVs. M62 or turbo mani should be no problem. U will need a thicker oring for the injector to sit in the cup tight. But that's it.

Yes it's exactly what u see. Injector inthe cup ans the two ports for fuel n nitrous
Old 01-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Re: Nitrous and E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by philzoot007 View Post
I didn't use them cause the added height was very tight with the TVs. M62 or turbo mani should be no problem. U will need a thicker oring for the injector to sit in the cup tight. But that's it.

Yes it's exactly what u see. Injector inthe cup ans the two ports for fuel n nitrous
Where do I get them? How much for yours?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #26 (permalink)

Re: Nitrous and E85

Also, was there a difference from in power with vs without them off of the bottle?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
F_ck Bates

I'll believe it was nitrous direct.com. I'll have to dig thru my notes to be sure. I'll post it up for u when I can get a minute to look thru for it. I never actually sprayed with them. Motor was apart at the time I was fitting everything. When it was back together the TVs is bigger then the m62 and was to tight for my liking. But I also had the spacer under my TVs for meth. I see no issues with the m62 or TVs without the s/c spacer.

There should be no performance difference when ur not on the spray.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
F_ck Bates

Nitrous Oxide Direct port kit
Old 01-26-2013, 03:36 AM   #29 (permalink)

Very cool. thanks for the info!

The only reason I asked about the performance difference is it add length between the injectors and the ports. I imagine any performance loss would be minimum.

I have put thought into this and if I do a built motor and fuel system, what would be the limit of the m62 and nitrous? 200 shot? 400 shots?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #30 (permalink)
F_ck Bates

thats a hard thing to answer. My plan was a 150 shot on my built motor. It's gonna take u just upping the shot till u see problems. If u wanna go that big. U need to monitor everything. A/f gets. So on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement