Buying injectors next payday need advice - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Buying injectors next payday need advice

Getting my tune and injectors done this month ( bi weekly payday )
Wanted to see what you all thought ( rebel I know buy id1000 )
Mostly trying to decide between 60# and 80# I would like to be able to go to e85 as it seems some stations are starting to stock it around here.
Currently on 42# @2.8 and running way too rich ( no codes tho )
Tune will cost ~$400 and I can only spend another ~$300 after that for the injectors
Any one selling or have suggestions with in that range?

P.s. if some one has hp tuners near North Eastern edge of pa and wants to make some money tuning for me that works too, just throwing that out there
( I live in near West Chester PA )
Well thanks folks for any help
7th moose ( from the left)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:09 AM

Garage
I actually don't suggest most people buy ID1000's. They're great, but overkill for most.

You'd need tuning ability to go back and forth between 93 and E85, so unless you're gonna make the switch and stick to it now, I'd go with the 60's and stick to gas.

80's really do better with a Boost Reference Fuel Pressure System to get the idle pressure down, so that'd be an additional expense involved with them.

If you're paying $400 for a one time tune, why not just throw another $100 in, buy HPTuners, and have unlimited tunes?

2004 Saturn Ion Redline - S256ET | Ported Head
421whp/354wtq @ ~23psi on E30

2000 Z28 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
318/304 NA - 435/380 N2O

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Gone but not forgotten.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Redline View Post
I actually don't suggest most people buy ID1000's. They're great, but overkill for most.

1 You'd need tuning ability to go back and forth between 93 and E85, so unless you're gonna make the switch and stick to it now, I'd go with the 60's and stick to gas.

280's really do better with a Boost Reference Fuel Pressure System to get the idle pressure down, so that'd be an additional expense involved with them.

3If you're paying $400 for a one time tune, why not just throw another $100 in, buy HPTuners, and have unlimited tunes?
1 I figured i would stick with e85 forever but keep a pcm in the trunk in case I had issues I could go back to what ever

2 good to know

3 I though I needed the pro version ( $650) do I not need that?, also I while I am a computer guy and fairly intelligent, i'm pretty ignorant to the inter workings to a car, I don't know if I have the ability to really learn how to do this right. and also partly its due to fear on blowing my car up, or other wise ruing it some how. is it really easy to learn?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 05:55 PM

Garage
With HPT standard, you can now log widebands with a serial connection. Pro is only required for computer free logging or logging other sensors.

It's not hard to learn. I'm completely self-taught with no prior experience.

Just read a lot, understand how each table affects the car, and make small changes.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

.... Every time I try to buy injectors something breaks ...
My brand new master cylinder just snapped .... Less than a month old...
Guess I'm calling up zzp to get there adjustable one... Geeze maybe just buy 60# and a zzp tune .... Just to get it done
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 12:00 AM

Garage
That's just called life in general my man.

Don't get discouraged, just decide what goals you have for the car and save up/plan your purchases accordingly.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thmoosefromtheleft View Post
.... Every time I try to buy injectors something breaks ...
My brand new master cylinder just snapped .... Less than a month old...
Guess I'm calling up zzp to get there adjustable one... Geeze maybe just buy 60# and a zzp tune .... Just to get it done
Master should have a warranty, if ya do zzp tune get the core for 150$ and have them tune e85 then send them yours for gas tune. Is what I did will cost ya 400$ for both tunes and extra pcm. Then I saved up and picked up hpt for fine tuning. Someone on here was just selling hpt pro wants 450$ with 4 credits, it's worth about $300 since the pro scanner isn't needed any longer.

Last edited by REDLINE1313; 06-16-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.