Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Low Coolant

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Doc_ss 
#1 ·
Alrite i'm totaly lost by this.

The "low coolant" msg has came on in my car a few times over the year and 25k miles i've had it.

I've takein it into the dealer and they put the system under pressure and let it sit for 2days and couldent find a leek or anything.

i just keep filling it up every time...its not REAL low but low enough to cause the light to come on.

any ideas on why or how i kept looseing it?

i never smell it or see a puddle under the car so i'm LOST!

please guys...help me out here.

#4 ·
I dont know how worryed i need to be about this...dont wanna freek out but the cars been holding up so well as of late that i dont wanna take it to the dealer.

this is the first month EVER i dident ahve to take it in.

how hard is a head gaskit swap on this car?

how worryed do i need to be?...its normaly over a month/month and a half before i have to think about filling it.

#6 ·
One night at Firebird when I when I made my runs everytime I shifted to 3rd gear it would pop up LOW COOLANT. It was a little low in the overflow bottle and accelrating made the light come on.

#7 ·
well i took it in today and they checked it all over...pulled the head off..they checked EVERY THING!

no leek was found..might be the water in the system that i added evaporating.

its been pressure checked and drivein 3times with dealers and they cant find any thing...so i'm not gonna worry.

#11 ·
Interceptor... or just know the 'gauge' it's real annoying that it has no marks or anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.