Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

2.4 ECOTEC LE5/LSJ road test.

40K views 279 replies 33 participants last post by  korax123 
#1 ·
Well I took her out for her first drive. it wasnt so pretty. I came out of my condo complex via the back entrance/exit and went right back in the front exit. the car wouldnt even get any rpm's. at one point I had the throttle all the way to the floor and the car wasnt reving at all. it would hickup and then every once inawhile catch some RPM. Its going in tomorrow to have the crankshaft variation relearn done. they said that if the relearn dosent work they will try and help me diagnose the problem. also my fans are not kicking on and the car is getting a bit warm it never wnet past half way on the temp gauge though. im going to see if I can command the fans to come on with HPT.

#252 ·
^lol... **** PASSLOCK!

i used to have that problem, blurry used to have that problem... you have that problem... why cant GM make a immobilizer that isnt so finicky... my BCM crapped out after my last stint with PASSLOCK... they ended up replacing my entire IGN, BCM and harnesses.

(i guess its a good thing, cause if a theif decides to try and steal your car... they will stand around for 6 hours dumbfounded like we were yesterday :lol:)

#255 ·
socalsilverRL said:
^when i pull up VCM edit. it says 2.2...

is that the new one?
I tried uploading teh cfg file in his, hpt... it would come up "error: file corrupted"... so i think it was just scrambled in transmission to his email...

gimme your e-mail or somethin then.

I'll re-send.

also, make sure to send me mikes scanner config.

#256 · (Edited)
#259 ·
^sweeet, mike almost called you at 9pm (12am there) last night...lol. you should be happy i made him put the phone down :D

godamn passlock....*shakes head*

#260 ·
lol its all good, i always got time for mike!

plus, voicemail rocks!

p.p.s i might be headed out to AZ tomorrow, we have a test caddy at the proving grounds thats acting up.

if that happens i have no idea when i'll be able to kick that e-mail off to you, we'll be in touch.

#261 ·
for sure, man, have fun in AZ... its pretty cold there, right now. iirc, the last time i went it was 50ish° during the day, and 30ish° at night...

...oh wait, thats not cold for you midwest guys :D

#262 · (Edited)
:lo: the car wasnt in passlock I was just hooking up my XD16 gauge backward. causing the ignition switch fuse to pop. :lol: fixed that and all is good. the new motor has about 500 miles on it . im going away for a couple weeks and when I get back I will be headed to LA for some time on the dyno. all in all the 2.4 pulles harder then the LSJ did with the same mods. Only the dyno will tell though.

Also, Yes Paul there will be video. :) I havent forgot about you and I have some footage of the car already its just that I dont have it on my memory card because it dont work so I cant post it on the internet. :) I intend to get that fixed before the dyno evolution though.

#263 ·
ok good I was getting upset over here lol,.
I'll have lots of crazy ass vids for you guys this summer btwn the new lifted jeep and whats being done to the cobalt. for the jeep, well I like doing dumb shit, so I'll keep you guys laughing lol.

#264 · (Edited)
Well I'm pretty happy with the out come of my first dyno run. the dyno used was a dynapac dyno. (load type dyno that bolts directly to the hub of the wheel.) the car put down 262 WHP @ 6,300 RPM and 248 WTQ @ 4055 RPM. This was done on a 3 inch zzp pully at 10 PSI on 91 OCT. Unleaded. my WOT AFR was 11.7 : 1 pretty much all the way through the PE period. all pulls were made in 4th gear. The the timing was increased by 16 Deg. in all over the stock GM Stage II timing. I'm going to go back once I get the 2.5 inch pully on and the Alchy Injection. IT WILL BE ALL OVER FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE. I'm confident that with those additions I will be above 300 WHP. I'm aslo confident that once I perform my turbo swap the car will make 400 WHP AND THEN SOME PROBABLY. THEN IT WILL BE ALL OVER FOR JUST ABOUT EVERYONE IN MY CAR CLASS. I also Learned a shit ton of tunery stuff yesterday. :)

Ps. Sorry paul no video yet the camera still dont work. I will get it fixed just for you and go make some street pulls. :)

Text Line Font Parallel Circle

Text Line Diagram Font Design

Text Line Diagram Plot Font

#266 ·
ebristol said:
Nice.

I really think you are on to the best way to get big power from an ecotec. There is no replacement for displacement! :)
Yeah i'd say so since im making 40-60 more HP then a LSJ on the same amount of boost. Its about to get real wicked here in the future.

Also I belive the 2.5 on meth will yield even more power. :)

I'm still going turbo but the plans have changes as far as component selection.

with that said I have alot of turbo stuff forsale.

throttle body/blower delete adapter.

plumbing with couplers

Log style turbo Manifold.

misc fittings,

Brand New TIAL BOV

Brand New TIAL W/G

Prices coming soon.

#269 ·
Those are some nice numbers for 10psi.. with 2.5 and meth you will def be around 300. what turbo you planning on going with now? is it posted somewhere or you just changed your mind recently.. congrats on getting that tune smoothed out and running strong.. all that long hard work finally is paying off, must feel awesome..

#270 ·
badassgixxer05 said:
Those are some nice numbers for 10psi.. with 2.5 and meth you will def be around 300. what turbo you planning on going with now? is it posted somewhere or you just changed your mind recently.. congrats on getting that tune smoothed out and running strong.. all that long hard work finally is paying off, must feel awesome..

thanks. yeah it does feel good. I want to thank every thus far who has helped me with this project thus far. I'm probably going to bolt a GT35 upto the car. im not 100% sure yet though.

#271 ·
not bad man, not bad at all... I'm glad you finally got the thing up and running again.
I'm heading back to the dyno march 29th with the new turbo, intake mani, FMIC and hopefully I'll have my clutch in by then and new fuel pump... shit is f'd, and set a new record for IDc's 174% on 60's lol

#272 ·
#276 ·
Pierre said:
Nice numbers! If I'm not mistaken a Dynapac reads HP more like a Mustang dyno than a Dynojet.

Pierre
yes your correct. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.