Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

passlock??

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  stlredlinechick 
#1 ·
every now and then when my car is sitting in the driveway, not on, the horn will give about 8 short beeps then will start in with the alarm. the key is hung up so the buttons aren't getting pushed. is it the passlock? or something else.....

#3 ·
Yeah try the batteries see if it helps... My passlock always acted up, the dealer warranted a passlock sensor when the car was new. But mine was a no start issue... Yours seems to be an alarm issue. Do you have a sunroof? Lots of people had false alarm problems when the sunroof drain hoses clog, then water gets in and triggers the alarm. Check the floor/interior for water if you have the sunroof.

#4 ·
Never thought the sunroof would cause that. I actually just fixed that issue yesterday and it is still going off. I have to disconnect the car battery so I don't have to listen to it. I'll have to change the battery in the remote to see if that may be the problem, I was thinking the car battery maybe. But then maybe it will stop once the inside is completely dry.

Thanks for the advice guys!!

#6 ·
I've got the windows open now. Can't really leave the doors open cause I can't see it at all times. I'm hoping that with this short span of nice weather we are having that it is just about dry. I still have the battery connected now from putting the windows down and it hasn't beeped at me yet. ~fingers crossed/knock on wood~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.