Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Clutch sensor switch?

13K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Rebel Redline 
#1 ·
So i got my ignition switch replaced at the dealer like 4-6 months ago and bout 2 weeks ago my car has been starting to do the whole not start and no crank noise, takes bout 3 times to start it, clutch all the way in to. Its been like 80-90 degrees here and last time it did it it was winter so idk why its doin it now.

My buddy that works at the dealer said check the sensor by the clutch theres a bypass button you press then try and start the car. But the thing is what if the car does start tho. Idk how im gonna figure out if its the clutch sensor or ign switch again.

#3 ·
Its in a little bracket above the clutch pedel. The clutch compresses it when it is pushed down.

Put the seat back and get on your back under the steering wheel and you will see it. It has a wire harness connected to it. You cant miss it.

#7 ·
That looks like the one.

When mine started acting up, I just took it apart and bent the internal tabs back into the right spot.

If you take it apart, you can see what I'm talking about. There's 2 little pieces of metal with "pucks" on the end of them, and they need to make a connection to complete the circuit and let the car start. One of the thin metal pieces gets bent out of place slightly, and won't connect. It's actually an easy fix.

#8 ·
I'm talking about the upper switch that disengages the cruise control. Not the lower switch that allows engine start (fully depressed clutch). I'm under the dash now and can barely see the switch let alone get a hand on it. Any tips for getting in/out of this thing? Is it topside/dash removal access thing? I have switch AC DELCO D1754g in hand (gm 22620888)

Just looking, it looks like the lower switch now that I'm under here. Any chance Botha switches are the same. F

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.