Umm Yea I need new swaybar bushings. Pics Inside - Page 3 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Problems & Troubleshooting

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #21 (permalink)

are the powergrid links just for the front bar? I'm confused what our rear suspension consists of
blueredline55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #22 (permalink)

Location: Wichita, KS (Most IRL's per capita with fewest forum members)
Yeah, just for the front. The rear is an axle beam with an integral torsion bar & uses springs.
Originally Posted by Sport Compact Car
(Rick) Kewley (GMPD) also told us the car was lowered, the shifter throws were shortened, and the pedals were moved closer together, which is why the Red Line's ridiculously tall ride height, its poorly placed pedals, and its long-throw shifter leave us shaking our heads.
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueredline55555 View Post
Alright so how easy is it to change the swaybar bushings and the endlinks? And also how much are the bushings?
Man everyone on hee must not work on cars. It was pretty easy to do both and i didn't have to drop the cradle out and I DON'T have a lift.

All you do is jack one side of the car up put it on a jack stand. Then take off the rim.
Take of the nuts on the endlink. Put your jack under your control arm on the end and jack it up about 10" or so. When it is in the right spot the endlink just comes right out. Now that side of the swaybar is looses so you can change the bushing. The bushing just takes some finese because you can only see a little of what your doing.

But I started at like 7 and finished aroud 8:30 and I have never done it before. Learned the jacking it up trick because hitting it up wasn't working.
---------------------------------------------
Best Time - 14.718
Best Trap speed - 100.42mph
---------------------------------------------

korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #24 (permalink)

I guess you either had a two bolt sway bar bracket or just kept the old one bolt thing. If so its ez and will fail again.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #25 (permalink)

I just kept the old 1 bolt POS. But I think the endlinks were the main problem.
korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Post sway bushings broken?

I'm a newer Redline owner of a 07 ion with about 60k miles on it. I have been noticing some clunking sounds over bumps & now has increased to loud clunk/knocking in my driver wheel when turning. I was on highway coming home & something fell & was dragging under the card till it finally broke off. I had to coast with steering & brakes to a stop in a parking lot! Clutch will not engage in any gears & but card starts & idles normally. When husband & i pushed car in neutral it makes loud pop noise when i turn with each wheel rotation.
I have been working overtime to pay for repairs but just dropped $800 for a friend to replace clutch so saving up..again. Any help would be great. I am getting towed since it is DOA to a close shop that can diagnose. I love my car but i can't keep putting this kind of money into it repeatedly.
Thanks
drkvmpyrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #27 (permalink)

Sounds like clutch or more likely a axle
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
clunks can be in no particular order:
sway bar bushings the redline has a tab and bolt locator needs two bolts
hmm... i have delrin at work.. what's your opinion on making delrin bushings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
I guess you either had a two bolt sway bar bracket or just kept the old one bolt thing. If so its ez and will fail again.
do i need to buy cobalt 2 bolt mounts or can you drill through the 1 bolt style and add anotherbolt?

2006 Black Onyx Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
::slams head into desk::

you can make the ve look like a pair of tits and it will NOT change the way the car runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity
Bacon is made from smoked pork belly. Any and all other "bacons" are charlatans and an insult to pigs everywhere.

It would be like putting a Redline badge on a Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline
LSD is good.
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #29 (permalink)

delrin is a crappy sway bar bushing.Too hard, will not stay in place, doesnt yield for sure, but do it if you want. It would be possible but really difficult to use the tabbed mount re drilled, its cheap so buy the real one with the real bolts lol from Crate engine depot or locally and avoid shipping.

goodluck
qwikredline11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
ARM
That guy is awesome ^^^

yeah i looked up the mounts, cheap enough not to bother with drilling old ones.

as far as the delrin goes, i was just thinking something that would stiffen up the front end; not flexing nearly as much as the rubber.

i also have teflon, pvc, some kind of really hard machanable rubber, etc..
all kinds of things i could use.

but on the other hand, i've read that with fwd cars sometimes you want the front to be able to flex so its easier to keep both tires on the ground for coming out of a corner....
i guess it depends on wether you want to hold flat in a corner or be able to power out of it better?
ARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement