P0507, High Idle. Need help lsj Guru's - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Problems & Troubleshooting

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

P0507, High Idle. Need help lsj Guru's

Sorry it had to come to this guys, 3rd thread in almost a year lol.
Ok, so here's my current situation. 04' redline ZZP stage 3 canned tune, 2.9 pulley 60 lb injectors. Car starts and idles high, like 3 grand, begins to idle down to around 1600 rpm- then missfires badly. I show no cel, but will have the p0507 pending so I clear the codes and the car revs back up to around 2500 rpm. This time it is trying to slow the idle and falls to around 1500 and begins to missfire badly, show a pending p0507 and I clear them once more. Now it will usually idle around 1000 rpm (about 30 seconds) then it will missfire again.
So here I am everyone telling me it's a vacum leak bla bla bla, car has been smoke tested showing no leak and I carb cleaned the hell out if it myself. Then I begin to wonder, and throw stock tune and injectors back in it and the condition described has little change
The car drives and pulls like normal other than idling high. I also had Tim shoot me out another pcm to rule that out and same same.
I think thats everything, discuss please, and thank you.
Here's the 1st of it> post # 8 and deeper. car cranks but wont start. PLEASE HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

FWIW, all sensors are reporting back to my scanner and appear normal.
I don't want to start throwing parts at it; however that's about all that there is left for me to do.
Everything about this code points to a vacum leak, order up new s/c gasket, intake gasket, injector cups and orings?
recaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

is your throttle body clean and smoothly operating? are the TPS's reading right with no dead spots?

Q: What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
A: First, you screw. Then, you bolt.
golden chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
is your throttle body clean and smoothly operating? are the TPS's reading right with no dead spots?
Cleaned that when all of this started, even though it was still clean from my spring maintenance. As for the dead spots I could't tell you on my scanner I can see the tp% and that seems to cordinate with my pedal. TB is about the only thing I haven't swapped out to try... Is that kind of what you are pointing at GC? ZZP is getting sick of emailing me they just say they want the car at their shop to diagnose. :-(
Old 07-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

I agree, Sounds like the tb.
Also, starting fluid is best for vac leaks

I also port and polish lsj heads for a very reasonable price, pm me for details

mods in your sig isn't cool anymore
billabong9687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Tried starting fluid, carb clean, and a unlight propane torch. Thats why I find it hard to belive a vacum leak this major anyway started overnight. Thanks guys I'll try to round up one of these for comarison purposes.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Edit,
Our TB is lsj specific correct?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

iirc yes. 10 char
billabong9687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

UPDATE
Well guys, took the day off today and played with the car agian.
Took off tb and butterfly feels smooth and gears undamaged. So i am cleaning things and looking around for fun I pull out the map sensor, thing was nasty dirty and slimey. Sprayed it down with MAF cleaner and dielectric greased the pins then reinstalled. Started the car and idle was spot on, no reduced power or high idle. Ran the car about 15 minuted and took it on a 10 mile drive, everything seems just peachy! How could this cause my issue P0507? BTW, I am showing no codes or MIL's yet! Knock on wood.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

is it still running fine? I may need to look into doing this too
Eibach Springs / SMS Strut / 0TTP Rotated Motor Mount / PowerGrid Endlinks / BWoody Rear Sway
B&M Short Throw Shifter
HPTuners Pro w aeroforce WB
UltimateBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement