Rl cranks but does not start help please - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Problems & Troubleshooting

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rl cranks but does not start help please

Ok we did a new clutch install on my 04 RL, before the clutch install the car was throwing the code for the crankshaft sensor I do not remember the code, however it was throwing codes for the oxygen sensor and crankshaft sensor, so I decided to replace both sensors while we were changing the clutch, battery was disconnected all time during the clutch install and sensors,

now the car cranks but does not start, checked ignition sparks everything is good, gas is getting to the injectors as well, I bought this car and I really do not know if it has any mods besides the visible air intake, how would I know if the car has any mods?

well any way car is throwing code p0315 I was reading this is for a crankshaft sensor relearn, any suggestion does this code prevent the car from starting, now I regret it that I changed crank shaft sensor, I am thinking of putting the old one back,

all grounds are checked and connected with no corrosion, any ideas I do not what to do, is there a relearn procedure for the crankshaft sensor, also my RL is one of those RLs that did not had the factory alarm installed, i JUST wanted to throw that in., please help any suggestions, should I install the old crankshaft sensor back,
josemanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Any help anybody please any suggestions???

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

You are sure that you are getting spark? The coil harness and the maf plug i believe it is will interchange. More that likely you will need a crank relearn. Usually it will start however
Old 10-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

I tried what you mentioned however the connectors look a like but they do not quite fit if you swap them? I pulled the coil out and yes I get spark any suggestions? Possibly I connect it something wrong but I do not know what is there a relearn procedure.for the crankshaft sensor? Please help this is my daily driver!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

You are going to have toi triple check everything, It is tough when multiple hands are in one engine bay. Check all fuses underthen hood and be sure everything is tight, I am guessing you removed the fuse box to do the swap? If the plugs are gas soaked get a new set and try those, it may just be flooded.
recaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recaro86 View Post
You are going to have toi triple check everything, It is tough when multiple hands are in one engine bay. Check all fuses underthen hood and be sure everything is tight, I am guessing you removed the fuse box to do the swap? If the plugs are gas soaked get a new set and try those, it may just be flooded.
I am going to check the plugs for gas and yes I removed the fuse box.. do you think I missed something? Around or under the fusebox? Will check plugs first!! Thank you

Old 10-22-2012, 03:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
F_ck Bates

Docu have hp tuners? U can do crank learn with it. Mine turned but never started and my crank sensor was to close to crank wheel. Make sure u didn't pinch the sensor wires or mess it up when u swapped. Lurches. It's right above the starter. Good luck.

07 Recaro Swap Member #4
In the best interest of RLF, thanks for un-banning Qwikredline
philzoot007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philzoot007 View Post
Docu have hp tuners? U can do crank learn with it. Mine turned but never started and my crank sensor was to close to crank wheel. Make sure u didn't pinch the sensor wires or mess it up when u swapped. Lurches. It's right above the starter. Good luck.
I do not have hp tuners I verified there is spark in every single coil. As well there is gasoline, tried the starter fluid and nothing.. what can I do should I tow to the dealer? Checked compresion readings of 125 I do not know if this is low?? on every cylinder 125 psi. I read compression should be checked with a warm engine however mine just does not start car was running fine before replacing the clutch..? Please help who else can do a crankshaft relearn??. The car is throwing code p0315 any suggestions car is only 47000 miles... Please help should try installing the old crankshaft sensor. As this was the only thing was replaced besides the clutch and the oxygen sensor

Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for all your responds.I finally got the redline running install old crankshaft sensor and car started right away I still would like to put the new sensor but definetely would need a relearn car started right away but as in the past the check engine light is on again throwing crankshaft sensor code however car is running now. well thank for all your help. Hopefully I can install the new crankshaft sensor and have somebody relearn it thanks again

Last edited by josemanq; 10-27-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

****Update ****
called gm they advise crankshaft sensor does not required to be relearned they said the new sensor they gave me the first might be defective so they gave me another one... before going on to replacing the sensor again is it true that the crankshaft sensor does not require a relearn? I hear different versions all over the place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement