Possible BCM problem, but not sure.... - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Problems & Troubleshooting

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Possible BCM problem, but not sure....

So my car has been acting up again lately. The symptoms are, according to my parents (I'm out of country right now), that the map lights won't go off, the airbag light is on, the horn stopped working, and the speedometer isn't working anymore. Oh, and they said that if it doesn't get driven everyday that the battery dies, but they replaced the battery, but they said it did that before the lights wouldn't go off. I think it might be the BCM, but I'm not sure. When I took it to get the catalytic converter fixed (we weren't sure that was the problem at first), half of these problems existed, but when they ran the tests nothing came up. Is that normal if the BCM is bad?
Chazz08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Im taking a wild guess at this but i think your clock spring is broken have someone check if the cruise control is working if its not then its probably the clock spring???
Replacing your clock spring (SIR coil)
djames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Dude, you are good! I was just coming back to list a few other things that were wrong that I forgot about, and cruise control was one of them. I never used it since it didn't work, so I forgot about it not working. Another thing that stopped was the dinging noise when the blinker was on or when I left the keys in the car when I opened the door. Just two other small things I forgot about. I'll mention that to my parents though and see if they can get someone to check th clock spring out.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

But would the clock spring effect the speedometer and map lights too?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz08 View Post
But would the clock spring effect the speedometer and map lights too?
When my clock spring went bad, only the electronics through the steering wheel were affected. So only the horn, cruise switch, and airbag stopped working. Speedometer, map lights, turn signal ding all worked fine.

lqh2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

No the clock spring should not affect the light and speedometer. You might be having multiple problems all at once. The BCM should not even effect the speedometer if i remember correctly but i could be wrong about that one??? As far as the map lights have someone sit in the car with the key out of the ignition and the door closed and have them push the light once and wait for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. they might be turned on and someone may not realize that the map light have an auto dim after about a minute or so after the ignition is turned off and the doors are closed.

and i see you havent sold it yet

2006 ION Redline! MUST SELL!
you say it there that the mechanic says theres a wiring problem???
djames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah, but the same mechanic didn't know that it was the catalytic converter acting up and just started replacing stuff. I don't know if I should trust him on that or not. I'll tell my parents to try sitting in the car with it too. I didn't even think of that......if that problem is that easy to fix, I'll be a very happy person that something is fixed on it. haha. I only wish the other problems could be fixed this easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement