Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Bad clutch?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  slitterell 
#1 ·
So tonight mid 30's doin 65 crusing dropped to 4th WOT bout 95-100 the car started to lose its momentum and blower sounded like it was goin in a out not a constant whine as the rpms increase. Got to like 110 and shifted to 5th and still sounded alil weird and i let up and drove normal and it was alil soft shifting but still pulled pretty good in 2nd and 3rd.

I even did 25 mph in 4th and the rpms slowly went up but this was prior to the freeway run. I think it has to do with the pressure plate getting hot at WOT so the clutch is tryin to stay grabbed. There was no CELs or anything just a slight change in blower noise and not much power after 100mph and usually 4th gear pulls pretty good.

Any thots id love to hear them. I have 106k on stock clutch/flywheel too

#4 ·
No i wasnt slipping at 65 it was when i was goin 95-100 in 4th when i felt all this lol. Also earlier i was pulling out and hammered 1st gear and spun and shifted to 2nd and still spun and the clutch got super soft.

Also i had issues awhile ago tuning smashed 2nd gear to redline and the pedal had no play or pressure and wouldnt go in gear i had to coast on the freeway b4 it would go into 3rd or 4th.

My mods are 2.9, 42's, stage 2 belt, 3"dp, flexpipe, 3" magnaflow cat, 24" resonator, 2.5" axle bend to maganflow muffler, k&n intake, dualpass endplate, zzp s3 h/e, ngk 1 step at .032, slightly ported blower, sms big bore throttle body.

*Side notes* stock internals on engine and stock clutch/flywheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.