Check Engine o2 sensor ZZP Catback - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Problems & Troubleshooting

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Check Engine o2 sensor ZZP Catback

I have the Full ZZP exhaust. Mid length Header and Catted downpipe with 2.5 inch Catback. I knew that when i got this installed , it would set a code for the rear o2 sensor and i would have a check engine light. I got some suggestions on how to get the light to go off, and i purchased an o2 spacer to fix the problem . i installed it and the check engine light still wont go off. so the spacer idea failed. I need to know what else i can do to get the light to go off. its just annoying and my inspection is also coming up in a month. i would like to get the light to go out by then. Will the dealership turn off the sensor for me with a TEch OBD2 device or is that against the law for them to do so? if so how do i fix it?

Thank you
Mease87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

The check engine light may not go off by itself. You may have to have the code cleared after the spacer is installed. You can take your car to most autoparts store and they can read and clear the code.

Or you can disconnect your car battery for an hour and hook it back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for your suggestion , but yes I did disconnect the battery twice and the light would come back on shortly after. I am looking for another solution to fix this problem besides a spacer.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Find someone with HP Tuners.....
2006 Red Redline Comp Package: ZZP 2.4 Stroker LSJ, ZZP S2 Cams, Supertech Valve springs, port and polished head, TVS with 2.7, 80lb injectors, full return system with Walbro pump, Meth injection, ZZP header and dp, Vibrant Exhaust, K&N CAI, ZZP S3 HE, Dual Pass with my "Option-C" ZZP S4 Clutch with Fadanza FW, ZZP CMC, B&M Shifter, Eibach Springs

My lug nuts take more torque than your Honda makes.
PistoNHeaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mease87 View Post
Thank you for your suggestion , but yes I did disconnect the battery twice and the light would come back on shortly after. I am looking for another solution to fix this problem besides a spacer.
Two spacers?
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

I dont know anyone with HP tuner near Rochester NY. so if the spacer thing doesnt work and i cant find someone with a HP tuner. then i have to put my stock exhaust system back on?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Like GMR said goto parts store and have them check yer code and erase it see if it stays gone. Make sure that is the code your tossing too.
REDLINE1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Why don't we try the obvious and replace the rear O2 sensor?

Q: What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
A: First, you screw. Then, you bolt.
golden chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

I just replaced my rear O2 sensor. Had been getting codes for months, P0140. That code is etched in my brain. Sometimes it would stay off for a few hundred miles, other times less than 25 miles. No lights since it was changed last Friday. I'll check for codes on the car when it warms up above single digits...

Red Clan Grand Master Assassin...
Big Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thank you all for your suggestions. I cleared the code with a scanner and the light came back on a few miles down the road. I guess my next attempt will be to try and replace the o2 sensor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement