Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

no chime no raido shut off with drivers door open

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  7thmoosefromtheleft 
#1 ·
when I get out of my car the radio and everything stays on, open passenger door and everything is normal.
not sure but I think it may have something to do with the door chime being removed, I noticed this after realizing the lights were on and the key was in the ignition.... after I locked the door and walked out :| . fun night watching the officer scratch the heck out of my door trying to get it unlocked...( not his fault really just being dramatic :) )
any one know how to get the door working correctly again?

Thanks folks
7thmoose ( from From the left )

#2 ·
More than likely is the door switch on the left side of the IP when the door is open. remove the side panel holding the switch and disconnect the plug. take a multimeter set to continuity and probe both of the pins of the switch at the same time. There should be no continuity when the plunger is out and continuity when depressed. If not then replace the switch. If there is then there is a wire issue in the IP harness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.