Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Rolling Idle

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  REDLINE1313 
#1 ·
Okay, so I have a this intermittent Rolling idle, sometimes it will fluctuate from 900-1100rpms or from 500-1300rpms. It only stalled out on me once. Now I cleaned the Throttle body, it didn't work. I replaced the Throttle body, it seemed to be the cure for the time being. Then after about a month it slowly came back. I replaced the MAF.. again seemed to be the cure and slowly came back. Its a strange one cause I can be sitting at a light fine then all of a sudden it will start to do it for about a minute then it would correct itself. Again I could have a trip and this wont happen. And another thing Sometimes I can make it happen by turning the A/C and Vise versa.. So Please need some lol

#5 ·
The EVAP system on these cars doesn't have a check valve. The solenoid is very cheaply made, and doesn't stand up to boost very well.

I blew a new EVAP solenoid in record time once I swapped to turbo.

#4 · (Edited)
This sounds very similar to my experience ...I tried a lot like clean MAF and TB ..
A/C and summer temps for me made it a lot worse...
I went about 2 years with this thing - thought it was just our cars idle ...

Not in an effort to get it fixed, I just thought that the injectors needed some cleaning ..
so I had my stock air cleaner changed and injectors cleaned at Chevy last summer and its now about 8
months with no idle problem - totally different car

For me I guess I can narrow it down to either the air cleaner or Injectors

#6 · (Edited)
So I just looked this EVAP solenoid thing up and now i know where it is..

Was wondering what that thing was for :|

I may have had a problem with this early on as well but I went around like a hound dog searching bad vacuum lines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.