Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Starter problem????

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  CuriousGeorge 
#1 ·
So intalled the Intense kit and its all good and working now, cept the fact that when I start the car it sounds like the starter is having issues, now I know I did nothing to effect the starter... Any ideas? Im taking by saturn tomorrow to find out... But Id prefer to fix it myself. Basically when I turn the key to start it it sounds like "eh eh eh eh vroooom"

Scott

#2 ·
IERedLine said:
So intalled the Intense kit and its all good and working now, cept the fact that when I start the car it sounds like the starter is having issues, now I know I did nothing to effect the starter... Any ideas? Im taking by saturn tomorrow to find out... But Id prefer to fix it myself. Basically when I turn the key to start it it sounds like "eh eh eh eh vroooom"

Scott
Well I would look around a bit at items related to the vicinity of your Intense installation
You must have made sparks fly SOMEHOW during the installation to blow a 60A Maxifuse! Maybe it's related to that?? I dont think the Intense kit could have any impact on your cranking speed - but maybe???

#3 ·
All fixed, took it to Saturn of Ontario and they didnt even question any of the mods... Just took it in, check it out and said it was the starter.. Replaced it and didnt charge me a thing! They've got a customer for life!

Scott

#5 ·
r-shay said:
see thats the way it should be. Your mods are unrelated to the issue so they fix it, all under warentee....no problems.

Yea.. It was very obvious that my car is modded too. She didnt question anything. I did make sure to tell her in advance that I had made some modifications to the car, and that nothing I did had anything to do with the starter... But none the less she was awsome..:)

Scott

#6 ·
my dealer told me to put some mods on it. i guess i'm the only redline owner in this state who isn't a fuckin' pussy when it comes to goin' fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.