February socalecotecs meet-angeles crest highway run - Page 3 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill
Gettin' closer
hell yah can't wait!!!!!!!!!! bump for any last minute people that haven't seen this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:09 AM

Im probably gonna have to pull out last second. Theres a 70+ car Lexus meet the same day in the o.c. Ill try and make both though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Project: Single Turbo 2jz- 97' Lexus Sc300 5-speed
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFeright
Im probably gonna have to pull out last second. Theres a 70+ car Lexus meet the same day in the o.c. Ill try and make both though
BOO, leaving us for the lexie boys.

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 PM

I think we're in-depends on my paycheck...

I ran this run 2 Saturdays ago with my club GMEternal-we had a blast! Lots of great footage and pictures! But still kinds ICY in places, we couldnt do our cannonball running like the previous time...

BUT we really gotta watch out for the CHP's!
Ill probably run from the Palmdale side to the La Canada side to get there (quicker from where I am) and warn of any CHPs I see...and the WILL be at least one CHP on ACH-plus the motorcycle clubs run it too!
My first time running it with the club, we got hawked and then followed for like 20+mins by the CHP SUV on my ass as we cruised along:

One of our guys got a ticket last time cause he didnt have his HEADLIGHTS ON! Theres big sign as you start up the hill that says "Headlights required" and below that "strictly enforced" I turned mine one but worried cause our club Prez had one headlight removed for his video camera mount, one of our members ran back down the hill as we lined up for a shoot when we noticed a Sheriff's car in the turn out below us and figured he was waiting for us to start up the hill again, then his lights lit up and we see our buddy in his vette come around the corner and get pulled over in front of us!

And that was just the first 10mins of the cruise!

Oh and one more thing, if we're going up to the cafe up the hill, Newcomb's Ranch-BRING CASH! Our waitress had an attitude last time and said, "I am NOT writing 15 different bills and I am NOT running 15 different CARDS" So we had to buddy up and share the costs...just an FYI...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"bLaCK and SiLVeR MaDaMmE #38"

post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedlineGirl
I think we're in-depends on my paycheck...

I ran this run 2 Saturdays ago with my club GMEternal-we had a blast! Lots of great footage and pictures! But still kinds ICY in places, we couldnt do our cannonball running like the previous time...

BUT we really gotta watch out for the CHP's!
Ill probably run from the Palmdale side to the La Canada side to get there (quicker from where I am) and warn of any CHPs I see...and the WILL be at least one CHP on ACH-plus the motorcycle clubs run it too!
My first time running it with the club, we got hawked and then followed for like 20+mins by the CHP SUV on my ass as we cruised along:

One of our guys got a ticket last time cause he didnt have his HEADLIGHTS ON! Theres big sign as you start up the hill that says "Headlights required" and below that "strictly enforced" I turned mine one but worried cause our club Prez had one headlight removed for his video camera mount, one of our members ran back down the hill as we lined up for a shoot when we noticed a Sheriff's car in the turn out below us and figured he was waiting for us to start up the hill again, then his lights lit up and we see our buddy in his vette come around the corner and get pulled over in front of us!

And that was just the first 10mins of the cruise!

Oh and one more thing, if we're going up to the cafe up the hill, Newcomb's Ranch-BRING CASH! Our waitress had an attitude last time and said, "I am NOT writing 15 different bills and I am NOT running 15 different CARDS" So we had to buddy up and share the costs...just an FYI...
sweet good info, keep us posted.
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 12:53 AM

man... im not sure if i can make it out to this meet. I have work on sunday. how many people have signed up?

...i might be more willing to blow off work, if i knew who was going from here
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 02:19 PM

Heres a link to GMEternal's video of our Feb 2nd ACH III run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJKh2EsDxe4
its the low quality version and shorten to fit on YouTube-but you get the idea!

BTW whos going from SCV? Maybe we could meet up and pre run it on our way over there? Its shorter for me to run it from Palmdale to the meet...Plus I can scope out the conditions

Let me know!

"bLaCK and SiLVeR MaDaMmE #38"

post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 04:41 PM

im bailing on this meet. cant make it out cause of work. sorry guys...
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 05:05 PM

im in

255hp/232tq. Stage 2, nates 2.85 pulley,tune

post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 05:22 PM

Sorry...

just got the word that I must work this whole weekend....sorry for the late notice.....

Rocky

04 REDLINE....SHAUN TUNED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.