Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

How to Configure VCM Scanner for E-85

15K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  philzoot007 
#1 ·
In VCM Scanner, Gauges View

1. Create a custom PID called "E85AFR" and use the following equation.

([AUX.20012]/14.7)*9.75977

AUX.20012 = Your wideband input. So you divide your actual AFR by 14.7 to determine the Lambda value and then multiply the lambda by E85 stoich.

That will give you your E85 AFR.

2. Create another custom PID called "E85ARFERROR"

100*([USER.900X]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

USER.900X = Custom PID from above

In your Historgrams

3. Create a new histogram based off the regular AFR ERROR MAF table but use the following equation for Plot Filtering.

[USER.900X] < 20 AND [USER.900X] > -20 AND [USER.900Y] < 17.25

USER.900X = Custom PID from Step 1
USER.900Y = Custom PID from Step 2

4. Create an E85 AFR Gauge (Optional)

Add a new gauge in the Gauges view to see the E85 AFR.

Choose E85AFR as the PID for gauge.

Enjoy!

VCM Suite 2.23 Beta
VCMSuite-2_23_Beta.msi - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

See less See more
#3 ·
I could. Or it might be easier to start with a VCM Scanner config that had all the information setup.

STFT and LTFT logging does not need to be changed to run E85. Those are both calculated by the car's primary O2. That sensor reads Lambda so everything is properly configured using the stoich fuel setting and the actual value from the primary O2.

#7 ·
It sure don't like startin up but once it does and warms up a bit it's runnin fine. Found out my pulley isn't making enough boost though so I'm going to have to go check for exhaust leaks now.

For whatever reason HP Tuners didn't save that new PID you helped me make. I'm trying to figger out how to get it back.

#13 · (Edited)
Thats how shaun set me up and my ltft is 0 most days.

I thought ltft were an average of stft honestly. It has always worked well for me. Im 100% maf so I tune the cruising cells using that equation and then turn them off and get the wot cells using wb error and then when I re-enable the trims, everything averages to zero.

Dont want to whore up this thread. Eric if you got something better pm me and let me know. I am also open minded. Oh ill pm you here in a bit I have a question anyways.

#14 ·
Thats how shaun set me up and my ltft is 0 most days.

I thought ltft were an average of stft honestly. It has always worked well for me. Im 100% maf so I tune the cruising cells using that equation and then turn them off and get the wot cells using wb error and then when I re-enable the trims, everything averages to zero.
I run 100% maf too. Mainly because I am too lazy to learn how to VE tune. :)

Im 100% maf so I tune the cruising cells using that equation and then turn them off and get the wot cells using wb error and then when I re-enable the trims, everything averages to zero.
If you re-enable the trims and everything averages to zero that does not mean that they perfectly dialed in. That is what the fuel trims do in closed loop. They adjust the fuel delivery to make sure the average is zero.

But if your LTFT/STFTs are zero then your golden.

Dont want to whore up this thread. Eric if you got something better pm me and let me know. I am also open minded. Oh ill pm you here in a bit I have a question anyways.
Whore it up man!

I am sure there are a lot of people out there with the same questions.

:bigthumb:

#22 ·
woah.. can i get that config???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.