Going full rich - Page 3 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Saturn ION Redline Saturn ION Redline Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn ION RedLine Forums > ION Redline Forums > Tuning & Electronics

RedlineForums.com is the premier Saturn Ion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

In that configuration, you are aiming for 10 afr. If everything is tuned out and it is still doing that, then I don't know. I don't know what you know soni apologize if I am insulting your intelligence

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
slitterell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitterell View Post
In that configuration, you are aiming for 10 afr. If everything is tuned out and it is still doing that, then I don't know. I don't know what you know soni apologize if I am insulting your intelligence

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
haha no need to appologize i really dont know a whole lot, im going to try and get that config you sent me up and running tomarrow and get some logs.

Also i dont know if the upper half of my maf is just super insanely off but i pulled 35% fuel and still completely pegged out at 10 afr, it seems to always peg at right around 5700hz and i havent gotten it to change yet but i have thursday off so ill have all day to play with it. And thank you for your help.

Last edited by biiibjjjjiiiiii; 12-06-2012 at 08:02 AM.
biiibjjjjiiiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

When the car goes randomly goes rich does it feel like it is actually going rich? Have you checked the plugs?

When the car goes rich at 5100hz what kind of load is being applied? Heavy or light? You are still running the stock pulley right? Does the car run rich after 5100hz too?

From what I can see in your MAF calibration it looks like your Maf is not completely calibrated much past 5100.

Where did you get that base tune? I think you need a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
GMRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #24 (permalink)

oh yea shes definately going rich its not just the wideband, the car gets really sluggish and in open loop it will start jerking. Im going to check the plugs this afternoon.

The car always gos super rich when i accelerate slowy to a higher speed(40+), im pretty sure my MAF calibration is causing the problem. At first I just couldnt believe that it could be that far off so i thought maybe i had another problem, and yes stock pulley.

And i would definately agree on needing a better base tune, but its what i got for now so ill have to try to dial it in.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #25 (permalink)

Just throwing this out there.... was the car catless before the switch to E85, or was this done at the same time? It won't explain the WOT richness, but in CL, if you get a random rich that doesn't last.....it can be that the downstream O2 test (cat efficiency) test isn't disabled. If it doesn't see a desired response in relation to the upstream.....it will "perturb" (read richen) the fuelling to determine if the rear O2 responds showing rich. Just thinking out loud....
Papa C 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa C 2000 View Post
Just throwing this out there.... was the car catless before the switch to E85, or was this done at the same time? It won't explain the WOT richness, but in CL, if you get a random rich that doesn't last.....it can be that the downstream O2 test (cat efficiency) test isn't disabled. If it doesn't see a desired response in relation to the upstream.....it will "perturb" (read richen) the fuelling to determine if the rear O2 responds showing rich. Just thinking out loud....
Thats a good idea, but ive had my catless for a while and i do have the efficiency test disabled. I appreciate the input though. im about to go pull my plugs and see what they look like, because im truely lost here.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biiibjjjjiiiiii View Post
And i would definately agree on needing a better base tune, but its what i got for now so ill have to try to dial it in.
Without a good base tune you are fighting a losing battle. The injector scaling you are using is not correct. If you PM your email address I can send you a good baseline tune for 80s and E85. If you log LTFTs + STFTs for the lower part of the MAF and log AFR Maf error for the WOT stuff it shouldn't take you more then an hour to get the tune dialed in for your car.

LMK
Old 12-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline View Post
Without a good base tune you are fighting a losing battle. The injector scaling you are using is not correct. If you PM your email address I can send you a good baseline tune for 80s and E85. If you log LTFTs + STFTs for the lower part of the MAF and log AFR Maf error for the WOT stuff it shouldn't take you more then an hour to get the tune dialed in for your car.

LMK
My injector tables are off? i used the settings off the injector spreadsheet for the 80's, out of curiosity what did i do wrong?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biiibjjjjiiiiii View Post
My injector tables are off? i used the settings off the injector spreadsheet for the 80's, out of curiosity what did i do wrong?
Is the base tune I sent you working out better?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline View Post
Is the base tune I sent you working out better?
Soo much better, car is now running great. Thank you again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement